dad

he's back, bruce was finally back and everyone couldn't be more happy about it, yes even jason. Bruce was back but the world didn't know  that,  Bruce was stuck home while dick continues to run the company and be batman while Bruce rested. but dick didn't mind to much  but he was worn out from everything, he had no idea how bruce did this all the time. 

the batbrothers-mainly dick and tim thought it would be a good idea and spend the week at the mansion to spend time with each other and bruce. 

most of the brothers were in the screening room as well as bruce. dick wasn't home as he was out to a meeting at Wayne industries, they had watched a few hours of movies with snack refills and and a little bit of fighting about what would happen. and of course Tim and Bruce's guesses were right, it was late when dick got back. the others had already watched about 13 movies and were wanting to watch a few more movie's then call it quits. dick had of course decided to join to rest and possibly nap. bruce being bruce looks at Dick "dick can you go get some popcorn" it wasn't really a question, as always it was a command, dick groaned and stood up "fine, bruce" he mumbled and slugged off to make the popcorn with a yawn. thats when damian noticed something, bruce had always been the most harsh on grayson, even though jason is the kid that gets in the most trouble. why is that? and why is it dick called him by his name and not dad? while damian calls bruce father and even tim and jason call him dad, well jason most of the time does. then why doesn't dick?.

damian stood up and followed his brother into the kitchen to see him making the popcorn, dick was literally just standing beside the microwave while he waited for the timer to go off, he looked a damian and softly smiled "hey lil-d, whats up?" he asks, he could tell damian had a question. or at least was going to force imformation out of dick. damian sat at a bar stool looking at dick "why don't you call father 'dad' or whatever" he asks very seriously. dick only tilted his head in confusion "what d you mean?" he asks as he walks over to damian and sat beside him on a stool looking at damian "well drake calls father 'dad' and even todd does at times . but you don't, why not?" he asks looking up at him with a blank stare.

dick sighs looking down with a small smile "well..." he looked around the kitchen to see if anyone else would be listening, he sighs and spoke "i just... don't feel like i'm actually his son, mostly because i'm not" damian couln't help but be confused "well of course not, your not his blood" dick only chuckles as he looked at his hands "blood doesn't matter damian, bond does. and i know that this should't matter but...i've been with bruce and and alfred for years and never once did he ever think about actually adopting me, i'm just his foster" he shrugged, damian just looks up at grayson with even more confusion then ever "but weren't the others adopted? like as soon as they were brought in?" dick nodded, he looked at damian with slight hurt in his eyes "yeah they did, so did you. but i was never adopted fully so...i-" he sighs putting his head in his hands.

damian just didn't understand, why did grayson not feel apart of the family because bruce never got adoption papers, "i know its silly, i know its stupid but all i wanted sines i was a kid was to fully be apart of this family. not there charity case" damians eyebrows were furred together in confusion, he was about to talk but was cut off by the timer on the microwave. dick looked up at the microwave and damian could see tears pricking his eyes, emotions, why. dick let out a shaky sigh and got up and took the bag out of the microwave, damian watched as he purred the popcorn into the bowl. he didn't know what to do, has dick felt like this for so long? felt like he didn't have a family? but of course he did! sure its really messed up but its a family. 

dick wiped away his tears and was about to walk out the door like nothing happened but damian stopped him, dick just looks down at damian who had his arms crossed over his chest "we are your family" he simply said, dick softly smiles and kneels down to damian. "i know damian, but youve seen the way bruce treats me, he is the harshest on me and i'm still getting comments about being the charity ca-" "but your not!"damian snapped, dick flinched as he could have sworn his ear drums busted. he just hoped damians sudden out burst wouldn't cause attention but it did, tim and jason had heard it while bruce decided to go into the cave and check on something. the listened on the other side of the door frame as they talked