A Human's Wings By neko-ereri [LxAxMxP/fluff/wingsAU!]

Warnings: Cursing, mentions of attacks (Anxiety/panic)

Virgil was different.

Physically.

Everyone knew the Sides each had their own differences from their hosts. Stuff that made them unique. It was mainly their appearance, but sometimes it was their voices too, or it was as small as clothing choices, fears, likes and dislikes, etc.

Logan and Patton both had glasses.

They had bad vision; Patton's being the worst of the two.

It was hard for Patton to see clearly without his glasses. He could hardly see his own two hands in front of his face without them.

Logan needed glasses, too, but he could still see fine without. Everything was blurry without, yes, but he could still function (he just wouldn't be able to read anything).

Roman's voice had an accent.

It was barely noticeable at times, and extremely heavy at others. Usually his accent got thicker the more passionate he got while talking.

Virgil.. had wings.

Virgil never knew why he did.

The others' quirks seemed to fit their traits.

Glasses fit Logic because they made him look smarter, nerdier, more logical. They made sense aesthetic-wise.

Glasses fit Patton because they made him look like a cute, geeky dad. It fit his role as the Heart, because it made him look more adorable and sensitive.

The accent fit Roman because it made him sound more charming, like a Prince should sound. He was able to woo others easily because of the difference in his voice that set him apart from the others.

What did the wings mean?

Virgil didn't know.

He really wasn't sure what wings would express, didn't know how it related to 'Anxiety' at all.

Maybe to fly away from his problems? He really didn't understand.

So, he kept them hidden.

He never let anyone see his wings. He always kept them tucked inside his jacket, and kept his back to the wall so they couldn't be noticed.

If he moved away from the wall, the lumps in his clothes would be noticeable, and he'd be called out on it. And he didn't want that at all.

But they were hard to keep secret.

His wings were big.

They were easily eight feet in length being stretched out fully, from shoulder to wing tips.

They were an inky black color, with a tinge of violet in the sunlight. On the insides, they sparkled like the night sky, silver speckling his feathers and making stars in the blackness.

Virgil loved his wings.

He loved how they looked, how they felt, and whenever he could, he loved the feeling of being in the sky and just letting the wind brush through his feathers, the cool air soothing him and his anxiety. His wings were the only thing that he could look at and honestly say 'I love this about myself'.

He wasn't scared of the possibility that the others would dislike his wings.

He really didn't care if they disliked his wings, because he loved them.

He was just worried that they would want them removed, and stop to no ends to removing them when Virgil refused.

He was anxious that Logic would call him illogical and hold Virgil down while Roman sliced them off with his sword.