Meanwhile, her mother yelled at her all Saturday just for not bringing her any money for the bills. She said that she was so behind, but Michigan didn't have anyone to call on. Everyone was either broke, tired of giving her money, or busy. She wanted to help her mom but she was becoming tired of helping.

She was supposed to be worried about normal, teenage things. Grace didn't have to worry about bills. Grace didn't have to have sex just to get her next meal, or steal to have the latest clothes. Everything she had was given to her. Michigan disliked how her mother treated her just for money.

Her mood wasn't cheery at all. She was embarrassed, and was feeling a little down. Her mother had said some hurtful things to her. It took jabs at her self confidence. That morning she found herself picking out each of her flaws. First, she had to deal with her frame not being as small as it once was. Second, her mother teased her about her hair not being done.

Her eyes averted to Grace and her stomach which peeked from underneath her baseball T-shirt. Grace was busy running her mouth that she didn't notice Michigan's eyes, or mood. Michigan continued to evaluate and assess her friend, becoming more jealous as the seconds passed.

"It's good you had fun. Care to invite me next time?" Michigan interrupted.

Grace stopped. "Well, I asked but he was saying it was too soon to invite people."

"Oh, maybe next time. Are you working today?"

"Sure." Grace replied, smiling. She was exhausted. They separated afterwards and then class began.

At work, Grace was pulling her hair up into a messy ponytail when Malik approached her. She was about to ruin him, but saw the concerned look on his face. She grabbed a box then passed it to him, but he sat aside swiftly. He eyed her for a long time before speaking,

"You need to get a grip on your crazy friend. Shorty called my phone on some bullshit."

"What are you talking about?" Grace replied, offended.

"You know what I'm talking about. You're just as crazy as her. Both of y'all are manipulating hos and I'm not the one to play with. I'm damn near nineteen years old, and about to graduate. Nobody still tells lies like that."

Grace retorted, "You're cursing at me about problems you're having with Michigan? I don't even know what the hell you're talking about. She said you were weak, and that all the hype wasn't even worth it. Are you mad that your game isn't like you boosted it up to be?"

A co-worker noticed the heated argument, beckoning for another to retrieve their shift manager.

Malik kissed his teeth. "If I can't fuck, why is she crying and calling me talking about babies?! I must've had something good to offer for the ho to lie!"

"What..." Grace's word trailed along.

Malik continued, "I got text messages from her crazy ass. She needs some help, for real. She was threatening to have her cousins jump me if I didn't hit her up. She wants me bad, man, and I know you know about it. You probably helped her to set this up. This my life right here. If y'all are playing, that's fucked up."

The co-workers split the two up, although there was no heat. Malik was only talking. Grace wasn't even listening to him any more. After he mentioned baby, she zoned out. She didn't know what to believe.

"You aren't pregnant, are you?"

"Hell no. I'm too careful. The only boy I ever did raw was Malik, who was so weak by the way. He doesn't even know how to have sex, baby girl. He was acting so dumb, but I'm still trying to figure out why the girls hype him so much."

She balled her fists, but her anger quickly subsided. She stared at her shift manager who ordered her to get back to work. She sighed heavily, grabbing the box Malik put aside. She began to go restock the shelves.

After work, she walked outside to meet a bored Michigan. Michigan stepped out of the car, looking behind Grace. Malik tried to go the other way. "I told you to call me back last night."

"Oh my God, what is it? I don't-"

Grace stared as Michigan quietly snapped at an exhausted Malik. She felt hurt that Michigan was keeping things from her now. It probably wasn't the easiest thing to admit but she could've at least hinted at it. Grace was even more upset that she didn't notice. It kind of explained why Michigan wasn't drinking the night of the party, or hanging around as much.

"All right, all right. I will, you don't have to get nobody." Malik stormed off, leaving her there. She watched him walk before turning around, and going back to the car.

"So, what's going on?" Grace inquired, waiting for a lie.

"Just too much. Can I stay at your crib tonight? My mom locked the door on me while she out, and I can't find my key. Please."

Grace nodded. "Yeah. I think it's about time we talk, anyways."

They reached the home, which was empty. Jeremy had treated Destinny out to dinner and they would probably be gone for a while. They were beginning to do right by one another. A baby was coming and as much as it made them happy, they were still worried. Grace wasn't making any progress in finding a new home, Destinny was stresing her next move, and Jeremy was trying to rid of Grace by any means necessary.

"You're so spoiled," Michigan admitted, walking behind Grace. Grace honestly got tired of hearing that. Most of everything she had was not given to her. She had to work just like anyone else who wanted nice things. Michigan rarely spent the night, if ever. She came over but just didn't stay because she claimed that Grace's people were awkward.

Michigan sat on the bed, taking her sandals off of her feet. She laid back on the bed as Grace undressed herself, then slipped into her night clothes. It was very silent so Grace decided to bring up the topic to break the ice. "Are you pregnant by him?"

"I don't know. My mama won't give me any cash to buy a test, so I just assumed. I mean, if I am, I wouldn't care. Somebody told me his family would take care of me. She told me she had a pregnancy scare with him, and his mom was treating her extra special."

Grace faced her friend. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Michigan actually didn't mind giving up her freedom just for a few bucks and something someone told her? "It's a baby, not your money maker. Michigan, you need to think of everything you're throwing away if you are pregnant. I don't know Malik enough to say he won't be around, but he is not the best person. He is very self-centered and greedy. Do you really want eighteen plus years of him?"

"No, I want eighteen years of unlimited money, attention, and more money. Malik might not be the best person but he's not money, or my baby. Therefore, I don't care about him. And I guarantee you that I could pass this semester with flying colors while I'm pregnant. Hell, his mama might feel sorry and pay for me to go to that college down the road."

Grace stared at the end of her hair, feeling her anger rise. She was having a hard time getting her point across. She expected more from her friend. She wanted her to be succesful, and say she did it without the help of anyone. Grace kind of felt sorry for her because she didn't know that a baby came with more than money. Grace knew from experience of watching her cousin's children. It was only for a few hours, but their mother was with them twenty-four seven. She could only fathom the blood pressure of her.

"OK. We're buying a test on the way to school. We need to know so we can start figuring out our next step from there."

Michgan scoffed, "I don't know why I'm still your friend. You're just... Never mind, good night."