Phoenix to LA to Vegas to My Geek Charming

First off, I'd like to send a shout out to my TwiSisters (and brothers) for reading the ramblings from my brain. I've really enjoyed writing these stories and knowing that you all like them makes me super happy. MUAH! Secondly, thank you to everyone who has left a review, set up an alert or faved this story. It's overwhelming the attention that this has received. I'm truly humbled by the response. Finally, thank you to Stephanie (lvtwilight09) for the awesome banner. It's posted in my profile!

Lots of positive reinforcement with this one. Apparently you all love your virgin Geekward and Nerdella. So do I.

Anyhoozle, none of this belongs to me. It belongs to that famous writer chick. Stephenie Meyer. I just love playing with Edward and Bella because their lives are SOOOOOOOOOO much more interesting than mine.

So, here we go...

Chapter 10: Phoenix to LA to Vegas to My Geek Charming

BPOV

"Angel?" I asked as I picked up my cell phone. I was cleaning my bathroom when the phone shrilled from the nightstand.

"You cannot publish this book," Edward said coldly.

"I know, Edward. How close is it to your ordeal?" I questioned. I sat down on the toilet, kneading my muscles of my thighs.

"It was the same thing. Minus the taking it in the ass portion," Edward said. "Jeff in the book is James. I'm obviously Edward."

"I've tried talking to Jane, but she won't listen to me. I'm just the editor. I make the corrections, Edward. I can try and talk to James, ask him what his motivations were in writing the story. However, in my conversations with him, he's obstinate at best. I don't trust him."

"I don't trust him either. Let me have my attorney look at this," Edward sighed. "I'm also going to read his other books to see if there are similarities to...God, I can't even imagine."

"Edward, I wish there was something else I can do," I sniffled. "I'm so sorry."

"Bella, don't cry, gorgeous. You didn't do this. You didn't know," Edward soothed. "This is a mess."

"Tell me about it. I'm leaving with Rose the middle of next week and I'm supposed to turn over James' novel before I leave. I'm calling him tomorrow. I'm going to confront him, but not mention you. Do you trust me?"

"With my life, gorgeous," Edward whispered. "But, I don't want you to lose your job."

"I can get another one. Besides, it'll give me incentive to move to Chicago," I joked lightly. "I am so..."

"Don't apologize, Bella. You are completely innocent in all of this and probably wouldn't even have known about it if we hadn't met," Edward admonished. "I'm going to go to bed and I'll figure this out. We'll figure this out. I love you, my gorgeous girl."

"Love you, too, angel," I smiled. Three weeks. You'll see him in three weeks. Alice is making sure his schedule is free. You can do this. "See you soon."

"Not soon enough. Goodnight."

"Night." I hung up the phone and shook my head. I finished cleaning my bathroom and then went to bed, not really sleeping all that well. I missed Edward. I missed his strong body pressed against mine, spooning me protectively. I tossed and turned all night. When the alarm went off in the morning, I'm cranky and bitchy. It also doesn't help that I am getting my little friend. Aunt Flo, I hate you.

I drank a lot of coffee and drove to work. I was in a sour mood when Jane poked her head in. I was psyching myself to call James. I picked up my phone, flipping through my rolodex for James' phone number. I punched it in and waited for him to pick up, or even better, the machine.