Birthday Dinner

First off, I'd like to send a shout out to my TwiSisters (and brothers) for reading the ramblings from my brain. I've really enjoyed writing these stories and knowing that you all like them makes me super happy. MUAH! Secondly, thank you to everyone who has left a review, set up an alert or faved this story. It's overwhelming the attention that this has received. I'm truly humbled by the response. Finally, thank you to Stephanie (lvtwilight09) for the awesome banner. It's posted in my profile!

Lots of positive reinforcement with this one. Apparently you all love your virgin Geekward and Nerdella. So do I.

Anyhoozle, none of this belongs to me. It belongs to that famous writer chick. Stephenie Meyer. I just love playing with Edward and Bella because their lives are SOOOOOOOOOO much more interesting than mine.

So, here we go...

Chapter Thirteen: Birthday Dinner

EPOV

The day after Bella's, um, tumble, we spent the day just relaxing around the condo. Bella did some work for Rose's tour, confirming upcoming book signings and interviews in New Orleans, Chicago and Detroit. She also made sure that the hotels were prepared for the onslaught of fans that they had been receiving at other locations. I also did some work. I managed to upgrade the server software that crashed on Wednesday and upload it. Jasper called me and praised my holy name that I was able to do that. We were receiving complaints from our clients about slow performance speeds.

Friday night, we spent the evening with Jasper and Alice. We went to a movie and for the first time in my all of my years on the planet, I felt like a normal person. I was going on a double date with my girlfriend. I wasn't squared away in my tech man cave, creating the newest piece of technology. The only troubling thing was I couldn't hold her hand. She was using her hands to crutch to the movie theater. Jas had driven us and dropped us at the door. I paid for all of us for the movie, but it was a long hike to the theater. Jasper and Alice got seats as I moved with Bella to the theater we were assigned to. I wanted to carry her, but she stubbornly refused my help.

She didn't refuse my help once the movie was over. Her arms were hurting and wrists were not up for her hobbling. I picked her up in another piggy back ride while Alice carried her crutches. I am too old for this, but I'll take aching muscles for my love any day. We drove back to the condo. Alice and Jasper were staying here because it was closer to the restaurant that we were going to for our birthdays.

We went into our respective 'wings' and I helped Bella into bed. She just needed some assistance in carrying her pajamas from the suitcase to the bathroom. Once changed, Bella hopped to the bed and climbed in. A quiet knock filled my room. "Come in," I called out.

"Hey, can I talk to your girlfriend for a few?" Jasper asked. "Alone?"

"Don't corrupt her, Jasper," I snickered. "She's special."

"Nah, I'll just tell some more embarrassing Edward stories," Jasper laughed. "There was this one time in college, Bella..." I threw a pillow at him and Bella snorted. "If she's going to be with you, she's going to learn all of your weird quirks. He went through this World of Warcraft phase and he didn't shower for a month."

"Fuck off, Whitlock," I snarled. "It wasn't a month, you ass."

"Yes, it was. You were foul, Edward. I mean, sheesh," Jasper laughed. "Now, scoot. Alice needs to talk to you about tomorrow and I want to talk to Bella. I promise I'll behave."

I gave him the 'Focker' I'm-watching-you gesture and I got off the bed. Jasper flipped me off and cuffed him on the head. I kept the door open and went into Alice's suite. "Younger?"