My Little Nightblood

Clarke's eyes fluttered open and tried to adjust to the bright light around her. She slightly panicked because the bright white room reminded her of Mount Weather. She quickly realized that she wasn't in any danger and the memories of the events that just happened flooded back to her. Clarke may not have been in danger but she was scared. Yes, the badass Clarke was scared. She would never let it show to anyone else though. Not that there was anyone else to see her be scared. Everyone was either in the bunker underground or in space. That left her with one question that kept running through her mind, why was she alive? She barely made it into the bunker before Praimfaya took over her surroundings. Even though she wasn't caught in it, the radiation already hit her. The memory of the pain was something she could still feel.

Clarke reached her hand up to touch her face and was surprised. Her face was clear and soft. The painful blisters caused by the radiation were gone and there was no evidence of the radiation at all. The only other time this happened was when Luna suffered from acute radiation syndrome. She survived because she was a nightblood. Could it be? Did the treatment work? Was she completely a nightblood now? That was the only explanation. Of course she knew she was a nightblood but she wasn't sure if it would actually protect her from the radiation since she wasn't born with it.

She sat up slowly as her body was still very sore. As she looked around, she noticed that everything was intact and there was no evidence of Praimfaya at all. This relieved her as it not only meant she had somewhere safe to stay but because it meant that the other 1200 people in the bunker underground should be safe as well. She could only hope that was the same for the space crew. She was Clarke. Of course one of her first thoughts after surviving the radiation would be to make sure that everyone else was safe. It was killing her that she couldn't know for sure though. She had to trust that Octavia would be able to take care of wonkru and Bellamy and Raven could take care of skaikru 2.0 aka space crew.

Clarke tilted her head back to rest on the wall behind her and thought about the events that brought her to where she is now. She tried to continue her father's mission of telling everyone that the Ark was dying and got thrown into solitary confinement instead. Then she was sent down to basically die with 100 other people (since Bellamy snuck on as well) and had to keep everyone alive. It was her job to keep everyone safe. Why though? Maybe if she would have only thought about herself, she wouldn't be in this position right now. There is a good chance that if she would have only thought about herself though, she would be dead. It is because she put everyone else before her that she was alive. The others fought for her, to keep her out of trouble. God knows she did not make it easy on Bellamy. He even told her that. Everything she did was for her people. Now all she had to do was keep herself alive so she could see her people again. A tear fell from her left eye as she remembered the pain and heartache of everything she had faced. She quickly wiped the tear away and took a deep breath to compose herself.

There was no sense in dwelling on things in the past. She had to live for today. Clarke had to hope that she would be reunited with everyone again. She carefully got up and walked to the door that kept her safe from the elements of the world. Every step she took made her heart beat faster. Would there even be anything left on earth? Was she opening the door to her death? Sure, her nightblood saved her the first time but was she completely immune from radiation now? There was only one way to find out. Her hand grazed the cold metal lever as she had an internal debate about whether or not she should actually open the door. A shiver went down her spine as she stared at the lever. It was all too familiar to her. A lever had protected her people from 300 grounders and killed quite a few of them as well. A lever wiped out the mountain men. A lever killed the city of light and A.L.I.E. All of these events took a great amount of strength for Clarke to actually bring herself to pull the lever. Now she was faced with the dilemma once more.