Part 7.

Author's Note: They say love is a powerful thing, no matter what kind of love it is.

Please leave your comments. They are much apreciated xx (:

Chapter 7.

“Oh Liam, you weren’t supposed to hear all that…”

“No, no. I understand, my odds are very slim. I just have to accept it.”

The way he said those few words I will never forget… He was so full of fear and yet he sounded so strong. And for that reason I will admire him till my dying day. The room fell silent and Niall quickly excused himself from the room. Cass followed him along with Josh and Kelsi. We all worry about Niall when he becomes upset. He is so carefree, but when he is upset he becomes very fragile; like a 9 month old baby almost. No one quite knew what to say so we all just stood there for a minute; finally my body began to loosen up and I realized I could actually move again. I made my way over to Liam’s bed and lay down next to him. I could tell he was in a lot of pain but knowing him, he would never show it. Suddenly he shot up in his bed sitting straight up.

“W-where is Danielle?” Liam asked, losing his sense of coolness.

At the sound of her name Louis, Zayn and Harry flinched a bit. “Oh, I’m sorry mate we forgot to tell you… She and El are on a plane right now. They should be here late tonight.”

 Liam seemed to be a bit more reassured and began to relax again. The doctor entered the room and since he had spoken to all of the boys he asked to speak to me outside. He informed me that Liam’s kidney was now failing. The only kidney he had left was now failing him?!? No, that can’t be true; Liam didn’t deserve this. He had never been anything but good and kind, why was this happening to him? I was quickly told that he was in desperate need of a kidney transplant.

“What type of blood would you need for that to work?” I half asked half snapped at the doctor standing before me.

“Uhh, well. You would need A+ blood to match with Liam’s, but there is a lot more than just blood typed that goes into it.”He replied.

I could feel my face light up slightly, I was A+. I had a small chance of helping Liam survive and I was going to take my chance and run with it. I tried not to get to hopeful since the doctor had said there is more about it than just blood type… But I don’t care, all I can do is hope everything will match up. “Can you run tests on me? Check to see if I would be able to donate a kidney to Liam? We have the same blood type so that’s a start.”

“I- I guess so… come this way, follow me” the doctor seemed a bit solemn about running the tests as he lead me down what seemed like an endless hallway.

As soon as the tests were over the doctor had a nurse escort me back to Liam’s room. The room seemed to be so light hearted and everyone was having a good time. Cass was sitting on Niall’s lap in one of the chairs; Zayn and Louis were messing around and seemed to be half wrestling half hugging. Harry was lying on the bed with Liam and… and… Oh my god Kelsi and Josh are snuggled up next to each other in a chair, how long had I been gone?!? As I walked in the room everyone was cheering Louis and Zayn on as they wrestled.

Paul, who was standing by the entrance to the room, was the first to notice me. “And were exactly have you been for the past hour young lady?” He said, slightly concerned and slightly angry.

The boys all stopped what they were doing and turned to look at me with a look of anger, worry and confusion on their face. Kelsi and Cass seemed to be perfectly fine about my disappearance, I guess they just knew me well enough to understand that I wouldn’t just disappear on everyone if wasn’t for something important. Harry rushed over to me grabbing me by the arm and pulling me out of the room.

“You know you can’t just disappear on us like that right now… You had me worried sick. And Liam was so upset that you weren’t there with all of us… No one dared to tell him we had no idea where you were or how long you’d be gone.”

All I could do was stare at him with a blank expression on my face. Why was everyone so worried about me? I wasn’t really gone for an hour… was I?

He let out a sigh and brought me in close to him wrapping his arms tightly around my waist. “What were you doing exactly anyways babe?”

“Umm, I was having some tests done…” I replied hesitantly. “Why…?” “Oh umm, well you see…” “Elizabeth don’t beat around the bush right now. Why were you having tests done?” His voice started to become sterner with every word he said. “You see Harry, me and the doctor were talking, and he told me Liam needed a kidney transplant… and I found out that Liam and I have the same blood type. So, I had the doctor run some tests to see if I am compatible enough with Liam to give him one of my kidneys.” His jaw dropped a little, but I could tell he understood. This was a great opportunity to try and save Liam, and I needed to take it.