¿ the subordinate ?

I feel the full effect of the blast as I fly through the air and land on the ground

I feel the full effect of the blast as I fly through the air and land on the ground. There is so much momentum that I can't stop myself until I hit a rock.

The effect of it makes me de-morph, leaving me helpless on the ground.

I try to rise, but realise that I have sprained my leg. I bite my lips to prevent myself from screaming.

I can hear the scrunch of boots on rock as Dark Knight is walking towards me.

I reach out for the ruby ring lying on a ground, just out of my reach.

Dark Knight steps on the thing which turned to dust.

He grabs my throat and lifts me off the ground, shaking me roughly.

This enemy is something which is stronger than all that I have fought before.

His pincers pierce into my skin, drawing blood. I gasp and throw my limbs to escape from his stranglehold.

"Surrender," he threatens.

"Never," I reply, even as I can feel the venom coursing through my body.

"Last chance," the cold voice whispers.

I glance around and see him standing in the dark alleyway. My eyes plead to him. He stands and shakes his head.

"You traitor," my scream shatters the stillness of the night...

I sat up on my bed, panting. I was drenched in sweat and my heart was fluttering.

"It was nothing. It was just a dream," My mind seemed to convince me.

"It wasn't a dream," I said to the empty room, "it was a remnant of my worst nightmare coming true. The worst defeat, the worst fate. I had lost my super!"

I had lost 'Firewings', the leader of the "Firebirds', the group dedicated to protect the citizens of Corinth from harm.

We combat the forces of evil, signified by the 'Dark Warriors', headed by the 'Dark Knight'.

I eventually got out of bed. My head felt heavy and so did my limbs. Today was going to be the biggest decision of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the den, which was glowing orange due to the fire burning in the fireplace. Every eye in the room turned to me, each ready with its own set of unspoken questions.

I faltered on the step to the stage. I could feel the eyes on my back.

"People, brothers and sisters of this secret society," I addressed the gathering, "I am extremely sorry to inform you that we still haven't got any trace of our leader, the majestic 'Firewings'. He is presumed to be dead. So the decision rests on you as to what we will do next."