Chapter 23: How To Trust A Pirate

When Velvet came around, she found her arms bound to her body by rope, and leaning next Laphicet, Sora, Donald, Goofy, Sparrow and Elizabeth, who were also tied with her. She looked up the stairs and saw Pete's and Barbossa's faces looking down at them. How could she be so careless as to get herself knocked out like that? She glared up at the two enemies.

"Good work, Barbossa!" Pete told the captain, "Who knew it'd be this easy?"

"Barbossa, you coward!" Elizabeth shouted.

"That's the last time I trust a pirate!" Sora stated. Velvet looked at Sparrow, who looked calm, yet ashamed at the moment.

"The powder kegs are ready, Captain!" shouted a pirate from above.

'Powder kegs?' Velvet thought, then she came to the horrible realization of what they were doing. They are going to blow up the ship with them in it.

"Then I bid ye farewell!" Barbossa told the tied up crew. He and Pete walked off away from the door, and they heard footsteps from above that told them that the rest of the crew was leaving. After a while, no footsteps.

"What are we gonna do?!" cried a worried Donald.

"We'll be blown to smithereens!" Goofy warned everyone.

"Sorry, guys." Velvet moaned, the group noticing she was awake, "I got off guard when I was going to attack him, he'll pay for that."

"It's not your fault, Velvet." Laphicet told her, "We were all tied up like this, so don't blame yourself."

"Yeah, now we just need to find a way to free ourselves from these ropes." Sora told her, struggling to break free of the ropes.

"Why struggle, mate?" Sparrow asked them, "A pirate knows when to surrender."

"Are you serious, Jack?" Sora gasped.

"Your average pirate, anyway." Sparrow added. Velvet felt the unsnapping of ropes around Sparrow's body, and his restraints came off of him, and he sat up. Velvet was surprised until she saw the knife in Sparrow's hand. "First, we've got to see to the gunpowder. I'm not about to lose this ship!"

"I still don't plan to trust pirates again." Sora told him.

"Calm down, Sora. Technically you already trust two pirates, me and Laphicet used to travel as ones together with our friends and are good friends with a pirate crew's first mate." Velvet told the Keyblade wielder, shocking him a bit. "Laphicet, can I use one of your paper sheets? I have an idea."

"Sure." The malak answered, taking out a sheet from inside his sleeve with his fingers and reached it to the black haired woman. Velvet took it in her own fingers before rolling away from the group as the ropes around her body catches on fire, she broke free and brushed away the cinders off her clothes.

"I'm not planning on trusting a pirate like Jack either." Velvet clarified as she investigated if her hair caught on fire as well. "But I will trust him for the time being."

"But he's a pirate!" Sora cried, flabbergasted.

"There are pirates that can be trusted, remember what Velvet said a few seconds ago." Laphicet said with smile. "If you trust us, so why not trust Jack?" Sora looked down in thought as Velvet turned to the pirate captain.

"I think we should go on ahead and remove the kegs. I'm sure the others can free themselves like I did." Velvet suggested.

"Then you lead the way, lass." Sparrow told her.

The two rushed up the stairs and onto the deck. There were Heartless everywhere, and there were five powder kegs in total.

"Jack, cover me!" Velvet told him, "I'll send those kegs flying."