CHAPTER 14- METIAS

We kind of just stare at each other in an awe-struck silence until Ollie licks both of our faces and breaks us out of our trance.  I can help but crack up, my body slightly sweaty from the embarrassment and heat of the moment that just ended.

"Ollie! Stop!" I say in between laughs, "I'm not trying to kiss you!"  

My face heats up.  Oh my God.  I did not just say that.  I look over at Floyd shyly.  "I mean...I..." I stutter.

"What the fuck are you talking about? I made the first move, idiot," he laughs, his eyes lighting up.  He gives me another quick peck on the lips before cuddling into me again.  He's pretending to focus on the movie, but I can see in his eyes that he's thinking of something else.  I look down at him.

"Floyd...are you...?" I try to ask, but the words just won't come out. 

"Bisexual.  Yes," he says casually, then looks up at me, "I like my fair share.  I'm a little greedy," he jokes, then puts his head back on my shoulder.  I let out a small laugh.  He's so weird. 

A few minutes go by in silence.  I can tell he wants to say something else, but I don't push it. 

We continue to watch the God-awful movie for the next hour, but I'm not really paying attention.  I can't stop thinking about Floyd and out kiss.  Was that just a one-time thing, or does he actually like me? My heart sinks at the thought that he's just doing this out of pity.  

As if on cue, Floyd suddenly moves his head a little so he's looking up at me and speaks, "Did I freak you out...with the...kiss, ya know? I should've asked.  I'm sorry.  I hope it was okay. If not, that's okay too but--"

I kiss him lightly before he can finish his sentence, "It was more than okay," I say after the small exchange.

I'm pretty sure that was the stupidest response I could've ever had, but I couldn't think of anything else.  My head felt dizzy and light from making the first move, and it was a little hard to breathe, to be honest.  He looks up at me, but kind of avoids my eyes.  Is he blushing?

After a few moments of silence, Floyd speaks up, "This movie really is ass, isn't it?" he tries to joke, but he still doesn't look me in the eyes.

"I've been trying to say that all along, idiot,"  I tease him and smile.  He can't help but crack a small smile as well.  "I'm pretty tired anyway.  These past few days have been insane."

He nods, "Let's go to bed, then."

Ollie hops up when he hears this, and leads the way to Floyd's room.  We both laugh as he sprints up the stairs, us following slowly behind., Floyd in front of me on the stairs.

"I think he knows the way around your house more than you do, Floyd,"  I tease him.

He turns his head just enough to give me a fake evil glare, "Shut up."  He mutters in return.

I let out a small laugh.  A slight exchange like this makes me think we're back to being young schoolboys.  Innocent, happy times.

When we get to Floyd's room, I search my bag for a pair of loose boxers and an old shirt I packed to wear to bed, and Floyd plops down heavily on his bed, the frame squeaking slightly.  He's all muscle; heavy, but not an inch of fat on him.  Ollie waits on the side of the bed, waiting patiently to be invited by Floyd.  He smiles and pats on the mattress.

"Come up, buddy," he says sweetly, and Ollie doesn't hesitate for a millisecond.  His jumping makes the bed frame squeak again, and I laugh.  Ollie quickly gets comfortable and curls into a ball right next to Floyd, who starts petting his back immediately.