.15

Surprisingly after that night me and Bryshere started hanging out more and more, even including Marley every once in a while. I could tell he was starting to care about us more and more. Whenever I needed him he was there.. 

We decided that being together wasn't really the best thing for us right now and developed a strong friendship. It was like I had an Algee all over again, but not quite.. Maybe I could move on? Or so I thought.

Months and months went by and I could tell Bryshere wanted to know why I still wore my ring.

"You wanna tell me the story behind that?" Bryshere spoke up, pointing at my most shiniest finger.

It was a lazy couch day, the question threw me off guard. I sighed and looked at him before looking back at my hand. "You never talk about it (y/n).. What happened?" I nodded. 

"Alright... I'll tell you." Bryshere paid close attention, listening. 

"I had a fiance.. Keith...." 

His name burned my tongue.. I haven't said it in so long, it made me close to tears.

 "He's also Marley's father, we were together for 2 and a half years, but recently something serious came up.. I can't tell you what because the last thing I want is for you to be involved Bry.. I had to leave.. It hurt, but I had no choice.. So I just packed up in the middle of the night, took Marley and found a new place within a week and here we are.. " 

Bryshere stared at me. "Something dangerous going on?" 

I nodded. 

"He wasn't abusing you right?!"

I shook my head. "No! Nothing like that.."

"Are you alright?? What is it??" I sighed. 

"Just please Bry, don't ask or look any deeper.. Everyone that gets too close to me.. They.... Just please, okay?" Bryshere looked like he wanted to keep protesting but finally gave up and nodded, pulling me in for a hug. 

"You can tell me when you're ready just know I'm here for you.. always.." I stared at the square tile on my floor until my eyes went out of focus.