.6

Woody was Luke's best friend back in the day

Woody was Luke's best friend back in the day.. His right hand man, he handled all the other operations they did. He was like the brain, the planner. I can believe Luke gave Woody instructions on what to do if he died, which is what I'm assuming Woody is here about now.

"I have a strong feeling that you were involved in my friend's death, care to explain?" I couldn't take my eyes off Marley, only switching to meet his eyes every 2 seconds. 

"Woody please, this isn't necessary.." He shook his head, chuckling humorously. 

"Answer my question." I stared at him. 

"You see Marco and Ruben here know everything so you better not lie to me." I chewed on my inner cheek. 

"Luke kidnapped me and my best friend to lure my boyfriend Keith to him.." Woody smiled. 

"Right, Keith.. The center of the problem, how is that nigga by the way?" I looked at Marley. 

She sucked on her fingers, staring at me. Woody realizing I wouldn't talk, stood up and gave Marley to Ruben who placed her on his lap and began to play with her as if he wasn't a bad guy at all. Seeing him laugh and smile with her shook me to the core.. This was all business to them, they had lives and feelings outside of this..

"You see, Luke told me all about you and his plan to get you back whether you liked it or not, once he found out you were dating the homie he wen't berserk. In all honesty I haven't seen Keith since the night he told us he was out. I always knew he was weak.. But Luke couldn't handle the fact that he snatched you up. It just wasn't making any sense and was too coincidental.. So he went out on rage and decided to kill him.. But instead Marco and Ruben tell me that your boy toy killed my best friend and that... I can't accept." 

I felt sweat begin to fall down my temple. 

"Luke told me in the event he was killed that I would take over and keep this group alive.. and that's what I'm gonna do.." 

Woody's eyes pierced through me. Flashbacks of Algee getting shot ran through my mind. I bit my lip to stop the tears, all of this was too overwhelming.. 

"But you see.. I'm not as psycho as Luke was.. I like to give chances for one to redeem themselves." I looked up at him.

 "I'll make all of this go away, you can have your daughter back, and I won't kill you or your boyfriend.. I'll even let little babysitter over here go.." I listened intently, catching a bit of hope. 

"But you have to pack up all your things, leave town and forget about Keith.. tonight." All the hope I had left drained from my body, how could I do something like that??

"What?? I can't leave with Marley and forget Keith, that would crush him.." Woody shrugged, looking at me.

 "Never said my conditions were good.." 

He was sick, he wasn't into physical pain he rather hurt you from the inside. 

"Woody please-" He pointed a finger at me.

 "If you refuse I'll place a bullet in your man's head in front of you and your baby, your choice.." I covered my mouth. 

Sydney began to groan as she woke from her knockout. 

"Let Sydney go, she has nothing to do with this.." Woody shrugged and snapped, Marco got up and picked her up, placing her outside. 

"See.. I can be fair.. What's it gonna be?" I looked away from him and towards Marley.. 

"Okay.. Okay.. I'll go.." Woody snapped signaling Ruben let go of Marley and she came running to me. I pulled her into my chest, tears escaping. 

"I want you gone before he comes home, and once you leave.. you don't come back. No calls, emails or texting him. This place is dead to you.. Take your daughter and go. I'll be around to make sure you really left, and I'll know if you get in contact with him, so don't do anything stupid." I looked up at him, while holding Marley. He picked up his keys, and began to walk out.

 I sat there and cried.