Chapter 12

Mason sat at the head of the table while everyone ate Mac and cheese. Iris gobbled at her food while Aaron wasn't all that hungry. I had a small serving and Mason was stoic, watching Iris carefully.
    'Stop staring at her. You make her nervous.' I scolded in our personal mind link.
    'She should make us nervous. She could be vicious.' He said.
    I looked at Iris when she looked at me and chuckled. She had a milk stache. I looked back at Mason.
    'Yah, Vicious.' I thought boredly to him. 
    He squinted his eyes at my sarcasm and crossed his arms. Iris still looked nervous and I patted her hand.
    "Iris, this is Alpha Mason. Would you like to say hi?" I asked her.
    She turned to look at Mason and I expected a muttered hi but what was said instead was a surprise.
    "I'm sorry I trespassed on your land, I had no idea anyone owned it. Please don't be angry, please don't punish me, or lock me up, or execute me or something. I've had to escape alphas for years when they tried to do that not that I purposely trespass I just.."
    Mason silenced her by putting a hand up to stop her rant. She had been speaking so fast if we all hadn't been werewolves, we would have had no idea what she was saying. She swallowed hard as she waited for Mason to speak.
    "Just relax. There will be no execution, I do wish to speak with you alone after lunch." He said calmly, in a business tone.
    Iris looked between the two of us nervously. I smiled at her and asked if she wanted another serving. She seemed shy to say yes so I gave her another anyway. She began gobbling it down and I looked at Mason with a questioning look. He may have ruled out execution, but he never said anything about exile being out of the question.
    Everyone had finished lunch and gathered their plates in the middle of the table. I caught up to Mason before he went with Iris. I told her to wait in the living room.
     "I should be in your office too when you question her." I told him.
    "No." He replied.
    "Excuse me?"
    "I said no." He repeated.
    "Why? Do you honestly think she will be able to give you answers without breaking into hysteria out of fear of what she thinks will happen to her?" I explained.
    "I think she will be just fine." He replied, attempting to walk into the living room.
    "No, you don't understand that I can feel her emotions. It's very faint because I'm getting attached to another pack but it is there. She's afraid, she's nervous, and for no reason she is feeling guilt about why she ended up here. Let me go with her." I demanded.
    His eyes darkened a shade and he took in a deep breath.
    "I said no, London. She may feel guilt for coming on another pack's land. Maybe she's hiding something. Ever think of that?"
Well no.
    "She's a child. A child who was forced to be a rogue, she didn't choose this. You have no idea what that's like so don't pretend you can analyze someone who has been through something you know nothing about. You need my help because for one, I understand what she went through. And for two, I am going to be your Luna and you need to learn to let me in to share the responsibility of things." I argued.
    I took a deep breath after my rant. Mason's face began to slowly form a smirk. I squinted my eyes suspiciously.
    "What..?" I questioned.
    He put his hand against my cheek, the tips of his fingers sliding into my hair line. I sighed as the sparks flew and didn't even realize I was nuzzling his hand. He pressed his lips to mine gently, taking me by the waist as well. I gasped when he pulled me against him. This was his opportunity to slide his deliciously wet tongue inside my mouth. I lost my breath as I kissed him back, holding onto his hair with one hand and the other hand on his bicep.
    "You have a fire that every alpha wishes for in his mate." He said in a low voice.
    My knees felt like jelly and if it weren't fo him, I may have fallen. He leaned closer next to my ear and I could feel his breath against my neck. I bit my lip.
    "But talk to me like that again and I will have to test you for real." He said gruffly.
    Before I knew it, he had let me go and was walking toward the living room. I had stumbled and caught myself on the wall. I turned to see him walking away. I growled under my breath and couldn't help but watch his firm ass as he walked away from me.

    "Alright, Iris. He's just going to ask you some questions." I told her.
    You could tell in her face that she was still afraid of Mason or of what he was going to decided for her. I was here, however, and I would make the final decision whether he liked it or not.
    He asked her the first question and I sat back until I was needed, if I was needed.
        (A/N: This part May be a bit confusing. The italics are London and Iris's mind link. The bold are Mason and London.)
    'London, I'm so afraid of what he'll do with me.' Iris said in my mind.
    'Don't be. Mason is a good man, he will decide fairly and I'm here too. Don't be afraid.' I assured her.
    'I was just chasing a deer, I didn't mean to cause trouble. I-' Our link was cut through my mind by another.
    'Stop mind linking her. Now.' Mason demanded.
   'No, she's afraid. There's nothing wrong with mind linking her.' I argued.
'An innocent person would have nothing to be afraid of. And It's called an obstruction of justice.' He retorted.
    'She's not a bad wolf, or a bad kid. And what are you anyway? A cop?' I scoffed.
    'Sure if you want to think of it that way. I'm the sheriff and you're the deputy. Now keep your thoughts to yourself.' He ordered.
    Oh, he did not just say that I am beneath him.
    'You mother f-' The link was cut before I could finish.
    Although I saw Iris was afraid, she cut the mind link and did not open it again through the whole time Mason was questioning her. I would have just opened it again but I didn't want to push her to do too many things at once. I knew she had nothing to hide, so I waited for this questioning to be done.