Chapter 2

Zeref's P.O.V.

School had just ended when a pretty boy with short blond hair and blue eyes came into our room. The room was once filled again with squeals from the girls and curse from the boys.

"Kiba Yuuto-kun~"

"May I talk to the transfer student?"

He smiled politely which erupted another round of squeals and curses. He must be the rumored Prince of Kuoh. But....

He's clearly a devil and a Sacred Gear wielder too. But not as strong as the Sacred Gear of Hyoudo Issei, as I learned his name later with his infamous title of being one of the Perverted Trio.

"Do you need something from me?"

He scrutinized me for a second and looks entranced for a second when he sensed my magic. Do devils get comfortable with my Black Magic? Well, it doesn't matter.

"Our president would like you to invite to the Occult Research Club."

Surprised exclamations and glances were sent our way but we both ignored them. Though the whispers about me and Kiba Yuuto pairing up is painful to hear.

Let me say this, I am straight.

We finally reached the building after a walk full of awkward silence.

What greeted me was a red head girl sitting behind a desk with her peerage sitting around. She flashed me a smile.

"Welcome Zeref Dragneel-san. This is the Occult Research Club or ORC for short. I am the club president Rias Gremory."

I smiled a fake smile to her.

"What do you want from me Gremory-senpai?"

"I'll be frank. Do you want to join my peerage?"

Third Person's P.O.V.

Rias Gremory really wants the boy in front of her to be part of her peerage.

When Issei reported to her about the magic emanating from the transfer student she was shocked about it and ordered Kiba to fetch him. A magic that devils are comfortable with is coming from a human, he was a potential candidate.

And on close proximity her body is being drawn to that..... that black magic. She could see from the corner of her eyes that her members are affected too, especially Koneko who had extremely sharp senses.

'I can't screw this up.'

She's pretty desperate to become stronger because of her damn political marriage with a phoenix asshole. Her new member Issei may be wielder of a Longinus-class Sacred Gear but he's far from achieving Balance Breaker.

On the other hand Zeref already knew the ulterior motive of this agenda. And he's sure that the devil in front of him is hellbent in making him join.

'Besides, I can't die from someone as weak as them so me reincarnating is basically impossible.'

"Are you saying I would be reincarnated into a devil?"

Surprise filled the room. Rias narrowed her eyes. Akeno was right after all. There may be a chance that he already knows of what's happening behind the scenes. And if their speculations are right, he was the one who killed the stray devil that they are supposed to hunt but is nowhere to be found.

"It looks like already you know. I'll be frank this time, please join my peerage."

"Then I'll be frank too. I'll refuse."

Her eyebrows shot up in disbelief.

"Why? Think of the privileges you can get as a devil. Money, women or any riches, you can get them as a devil."

Sadly, that did not move the black wizard at all. He's not interested in money and Mavis, his true love, is already dead so he's not interested in the offer.

"I'm not interested in those."

"But-"

"Why do we even need him Rias-senpai? I bet he can't even control his magic."

Issei cut in with a jealous voice. The black wizard inwardly chuckled at the obvious love of Issei to Rias. Or maybe just lust considering his strong libido.

"That's rich coming from someone who barely has magic. You can't even wield your Sacred Gear properly."

He snarled angrily and tried to punch me. Zeref dodged it easily and a white-haired girl with cat-like eyes held the pervert back.

"You have one hotheaded member there, Gremory-san."

"Issei, stand down."

"H-hai."

Rias ordered Issei to stand down and he did so, albeit very reluctantly. But that didn't stop him from glaring at the jet black student.

"I have no plan on giving up my humanity...."

Or more like he can't even call myself a human who killed millions of his kin.

"And I hate working under someone so sorry but I don't want to join you and your merry little club."

Zeref tried to leave but the members are blocking his way.

"Do you think you could leave here? Your a mere human so don't try to oppose."

"....heh."

A black aura suddenly exploded from Zeref filling the room instantly. Facing the magic filled with death and hatred, everyone except for Zeref trembled in fear at the display of power.

'Is he really human?!'

Zeref gazed at them emotionlessly with his menacing red eyes with a black ring surrounding his pupils, his calm and polite facade erased like it was never been there before.

Seriously, Zeref wanted to end this peacefully but their ego and pride irked him.

Honestly, devils were his least favourite race especially the reincarnated ones. People that abandon their humanity because of greed and lust are scum in his eyes.

He's starting to really dislike the redhead. He's the infamous Black Wizard and the Emperor Spriggan of Alvarez. He won't allow anyone to become his master much less a spoiled girl not even a half of his age.

"Listen here. When someone says no then they meant it. If you really want me to join then beat me in a fight."

He then gazed at the state of the members. Akeno and Kiba are on their knees and Issei is near unconsciousness. Koneko had it the worse and already fainted.

Rias is faring a bit better but everbody can see that she was overwhelmed by Zeref's power.

Seeing that they don't have the will to fight him, Zeref withdrew his magic power.

"Feel free to report this to your brother, Gremory but if your trying to pick a fight...."

His eyes reverted to normal and he smiled calmly as if nothing happened in the first place.

"Be prepared to fight me and my own servants."