Crevania Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

“Hey there,” I mumbled to Richard who was sitting on the edge of his balcony. My heart raced when I saw him and I couldn’t keep back my excitement.

“You suddenly disappeared that time. Why? Was it you who did it?” He accused.

“Nope,” I denied. “I just couldn’t stand watching you like that.”

“Your eyes by the way, they’re cured.” He pointed at it.

“Yeah, the guardians let me off the hook this time. By the way, I brought you something.” It was a bottle of vodka.

“I’m not 18 yet.” He went down and then sighed.

You already did things with Melody that you shouldn’t have and you’re not even 18 yet. I think it is fine to drink every once in awhile.” Also, I need the liquor to give me a little courage to tell him the truth about us.

I placed it on his table and then took out glasses in his cabinet. “Come on. I won’t tell anyone.” Richard sat in front of me and then sighed. I poured on his glass and mine and we drank.

“This tastes really bad. How come people enjoy this?” He winced.

“It’s a drink worth your time. It kind of drowns your sorrows.” I answered. “You can tell me what you feel Richard. It’s better if you let it out.”

“I barely even know you Angelica.” He sighed. “I don’t know you and yet I feel so light when I’m with you. Even when I found out about you being part of the Olympians… I find it so easy to trust you.”

“Actually Richard, I feel the same way. You see, I don’t typically grow affection for people but with you I feel genuine care.” This is going off on the right track.

“Angel, why didn’t Melody love me back? What was wrong with me? I fought for her freedom everyday ever since she was caught.” I’m glad he didn’t start crying on me. Although he went on and on about their love life and I had to endure for him to feel better. The vodka helped me a lot with tolerating him right now.

“Richard, it’s time you faced the facts. She never really loved you. Her life is fully pledged on the Yin Yang and she wants you dead. Maybe what happened was a time bomb. If she couldn’t complete her mission, she’ll kill herself. We have no idea of what’s happening and it’d be best if you stood still on your ground. All we have is each other and we need to support each other.” I took out the scroll from inside my jacket and then handed it to him.

“What’s this?” He wondered.

“I found it inside a hidden room in this castle this afternoon. It was from your father.” I answered as he rolled it open. It looks like he could see what was written because he was shocked.

“This crest,” He spoke as he traced the mark on top of the scroll. “Only my father can use it.”

It took him awhile to read it and when he was finished, he looked at me in awe. “You’re my sister?”

“I guess so.”

“That means you’re the rightful ruler of this land.” He drank a glass full of vodka.

“Whoa, wait a second. I have no interest with becoming Queen of this country. Besides, the people won’t accept me. I’m just a bastard after all. You are the rightful ruler Richard. There is no mistake about that.” I drank as well.

“This is so weird.” He mumbled.

“Hold onto that please and keep it safe. Let’s not tell anyone about this yet unless we fully trust them, okay?” I instructed and he nodded in agreement.