Crevania Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

I was in the dungeon for a week now. The food was like poison and I couldn’t sleep. I was messed up. It was agonizing not knowing the time, if it was day or night. I haven’t talked to anyone. I just know how long I’ve been here judging by the rotations of my assigned guards.

Do Joshua and the others think of me now the same way Simon does? I wonder if Lucas is ever coming for me. I wonder if I can break out of here if that’s the case.

“Angelica Sphere, your presence is requested in the court room.” A guard announced.

“It’s about time.” I mumbled as I stood up. Ten guards took me to the private council room. When I entered in, I saw the queen, Richard, Simon, Gilbert and the members of the council. Nathaniel, Anton Von Crest and Jonathan Livian were here too.

“The accused have entered the room. Angelica Sphere,” a person announced. I bowed down before them as a sign of respect when I reached the steal oval. “The trial shall now commence.”

“Angelica Sphere is being accused of being accessory to the crime of the Yin Yang operations and went here to Corona to kill the prince.” Gilbert announced. I saw Richard make a face. “Oliver Hook shall be the first witness.”

“Wow, I’ve never even seen that guy in my life.” I whispered when a man came in wearing prison clothes.

“That woman has been William’s friend ever since she arrived here. She always talks with him. She was involved when Anya Livian was captivated. I couldn’t do anything because I was threatened by William. She pretended to have saved her but in fact those men were just mildly hurt and she made them escape.” This was certainly a kangaroo court trial.

“How do you know about all of this?” Jonathan Livian didn’t look convinced. He shouldn’t be! I saved his daughter’s life twice!

“William told me.” ‘Oliver answered.

“When did he tell you?” Nathaniel followed. I might actually have a chance here. I have someone who will support me, I think.

“When he visited me a week ago…”

“And you instantly believed what he said without considering that she might be just being framed?” Gilbert was the one who asked. I know what he’s trying to do. He’s asking this kind of question so it wouldn’t seem like he’s siding on anyone.

“She was certainly involved, I’m sure of it.” I gritted my teeth in despair. How can this man lie so fluidly?

“What is your basis for this kind of accusation? You cannot expect us to believe this when your only basis is that you feel like it.” Richard hissed.

“You may now step down Mr. Oliver Hook.” The queen said sternly. I looked at Richard and he was reaching out for something in his chest. He only pulled it half way and I instantly knew what it was.

The door slammed open and Lucas went in along with Joan and Joshua. I felt relieved when I saw them. “You are not invited in this trial.” The queen stood up and frowned.

“I am the King of Hearts. I have every right to be here given that the accused is my subordinate and my daughter. But please carry on.” Lucas found a seat among the council who stiffened when they saw him. Joshua and Joan stood beside him.

So that was why I couldn’t see them. They fetched Lucas for me. Thank goodness!

“Your majesty, may I ask for my own witness?” I said as calmly as I could. I finally have the guts to fight for myself now.