Am I alright?

Alisha's POV

"Hey ma! You called me?"

"Yes dear, would you please sit beside me if you are free. I mean, you're here after such a long time. I just want to spend some time with you" she said in a sweet voice.

Umm... Practically I had some work, but it's fine I'll do it later." I said rubbing my hair.

"Thank you child. I just wanted to say that no matter how old you grow, you'll still be a kid for me" she said.

Oh ok. Thats it?? May I leave now?

"No wait dear. I wanted to say that.. that... Are you sure that the guy you've married is worth you? "

Mom! Its my decision. I'm well with him. I love him. I've spent a lot of time with him! What's wrong with you?! I said in a tone higher than my usual.

"Oh then its fine dear. Seems you've grown older than me. " She said drifting her head downwards as she began to leave.

I could clearly hear her sobs and I felt guilty for being this way-for the first time! Well India's a place like that.

"Everything's fine" I said to myself calming myself down.

Is that what I was supposed to do with my mom? Am I always right? Well that's absurd! Why's this meandering going on in my mind. I need to concentrate on work. Come on Alisha go for it. Everything's fine. She should understand that her daughter needs space.

Soon then my hubby called me back to our room and I rushed there. He wasn't looking comfortable.

Are you okay dear?

"Ah! India's dirty! I'm hating it! When are we getting off" he said in a frustrating tone.

Just some more weeks to go. You'll settle here soon.

"Hmm... Hope so. Get me that mineral water which we bought from our holy land. Over here water is also no less than hell." He said.

Sure honey. I said.

I gave him what he had asked for. Now I was in a dilemma if he really loved me or was just using me. This wasn't a great feeling. He almost didn't care about me on any topic except money... Well let's go with it. Nothing's wrong after all.

After all the mess it was time for dinner. My mother called me to help her and I refused- obviously. I'm a guest! Why should I work. It's her duty to make us feel comfortable.

When the preparations were over and we went to the table , I saw my dad sitting at the leading chair. Before anything else, I hugged him tightly. It was after a long time that I had met him. He was the one who sent me to London n was exactly like me. I was her princess. I actually learnt everything from him only. My idol!

"Sumita! Where are you?!" He called my mother.

"Yes honey, any problem?" My mother said in her usual tone.

"There's almost no salt in the curry! Where does your mind stay these days! Are you in your senses??" He said scolding her.

"I'm sorry. I'll keep it in mind next tym"

Hey mum! Pass me some rice

"Sure dear here you go" she said smiling as she always does passing the rice.

We had dinner peacefully- that's what I call it. The day went normally n after we had had our desert I chatted with my father about my husband n other work matters after which we went to sleep. Phew! What a day it was!
Alas! Over!