(13) Tagalog [Part 1]

Start from the beginning

You raised an eyebrow with a curious expression. "Which brother?"

Emiko rolled her eyes and gave you a 'really?' look.

"The one you're going to be married in some years in the future."  She replied with a smirk.

Feeling your cheeks heat up, you glared at her and watched her shrug. Suddenly, Emiko turned her head to look behind her shoulder.

"Hey, who are you talking to?" An all too familiar voice rang in your ears.

"(Y/n), why?"  Emiko replied casually, glancing at the screen. She saw you quickly move your head and it was back to you only showing your forehead again.

You noticed Emiko stifling a laugh and you glared at her, even though she wouldn't see how annoyed you were with her.

As Hiro came into view, with half of his face cut off from the video, he blinked in surprise. "Oh, hello. ....How's school?"

It was a bit obvious that he wanted to start a conversation with you, but he came out as awkward instead, which made you quietly giggle at how adorable he was.

"Kumusta. School is tiring, as usual." You replied a small voice, watching Hiro nod and walk towards Emiko. The gal lowered her phone a little bit as Hiro whispered something in her ear. She looked at him with furrowed brows and began to mouth something back which made Hiro's eyes widen and shake his head.

"Emiko.." Hiro started softly, looking calm as both siblings stared at each other with a sharp gaze.

Emiko's gave him a slight smirk and shook her head as she countered in a playful tone, "No!"

Hiro narrowed his eyes at her.

"Please!" He said almost desperately.

She shook her head again stuck her tongue out at him that made Hiro glare harder at her. You weren't sure if they knew that the video call was still going on, but a loud rumble from the static on Emiko's side made you quickly look at the screen.

You caught glimpses of Emiko's and Hiro's glares and shouts of insults and pleading as the both of them were pulling on the poor phone to claim theirs.

"Give me my phone!"

"After you let me borrow it!"

"No!"

"Then, no!"

You were growing bored of their argument on who gets Emiko's phone so your eyes started to wander around your room. Eventually, you caught yourself staring at the paper with Tagalog sentences and quickly sat up to read them again.

Suddenly, a loud grumbling noise from the other line made you jump in surprise and look back at your phone to see Emiko glaring at Hiro and throwing her hands in the air.

"Fine! You win!" She screamed in defeat, grumbling some curse words under her breath. Emiko stomped her foot on the wooden ground before she stormed out to go to her room.

"But you have to tell her about 'it'!" You heard her scream in a distance.

You made a confused face and looked at Hiro who was now looking at you with pink cheeks.

"What's 'it'?" You questioned, tilting your head to the side.