☆ eleven ☆

ORION BLACK'S STUDY WAS DARKER THAN NORMAL, THE CURTAINS WERE DRAWN AND THE crystal chandelier's usual bright glow was dim. Sirius' father's figure looms over his own and Regulus stands to the side of the study, his head down and his long, black hair at his sides. 

Sirius hadn't remembered when it had gotten that long, and it glimmered in the dim light. Orion Black paced around the room until he made his way to his chair in the center of the room behind his desk. "Boys, have a seat."

Sirius sat down. Regulus took his respective seat next to his brother. 

Orion's eyes moved to meet Sirius'. "I have a business deal for you two."

"No. I won't," Sirius says, almost impulsively. 

Orion looks at him sternly, "Sirius, do not argue with me on this. As much as I regret to say this, you are still apart of this family as long as you have our last name and I will not tolerate any disrespect or slander towards it."

He rolls his eyes and Regulus keeps his head down, focused on the floor. "Fuck, Dad. I don't want to be apart of your business. You know that."

"Don't you use that kind of language in my fucking house do you understand? You will do as I say. Be a part of this family. Attempt to be something worthwhile. You're already in a disgraceful House in that school of yours." Orion snapped, his demeanor cool. "Or I will withdraw you from your precious, mediocre little theatre program. For good this time."

Sirius clenched his fists in his lap. Every emotion he could think of was soaring through his body and he just wanted to let it all out. "I..."

Orion turned to Regulus. "That's what I thought. Regulus, I will be calling you for updates in the next few days. The meeting will commence next week. Keep an eye on your brother."

Regulus looks up at his father and nods silently. Sirius always thought he looked like a puppet whose strings were being pulled in ten different directions, but he only made one move. It was somewhat surreal to him, but he knew what effect his father had on his little brother. Hell, he knew the effect he had on himself. "Yes, sir," he says.

"Can I go now?" Sirius whispers. All his anger was gone now, nothing left inside him, he just felt tired. 

"Yes, get out of my face. Both of you," Orion says, turning around in his chair as he faces the large windows. 

Regulus nods, and then he turns to his brother. "Come on, Sirius, let's go."

Sirius gets up and follows him out of the study. As the doors shut behind them, Regulus turns to his brother. Remus is sitting on a bench, outside of the study. The walls weren't exactly thin, but they weren't that thick either. Remus wonders what kind of business Sirius' father was in, and why exactly he didn't want to participate in it. 

Regulus puts a hand on Sirius' shoulder and Sirius shrugs it off. "Hey, you need to come. I know you don't like it, but..."

"No, Regulus. I can't stand him, and I can't stand the way he treats me anymore. This family doesn't care about me. I don't know why it's so important for me to participate."

Regulus shakes his head. "Sirius, listen to me. I don't...You know why I can't say anything, anymore. We're not six years old, Sirius. You have to understand why we have to be involved..."