40.The End To Start Again

F O R T Y

"Now why you do that?" I heard a voice I haven't heard in a long time.

"Daddy?" I try looking around but some how couldn't. "Daddy?" I panicked.

"Hey hey!!" He sound as if he was right in front of me. "Calm down, the quicker you calm down, the quicker I'll appear."

Calming down he soon appeared in front of me, hugging him tightly I didn't wanna let go.

"Daddy!" I sobbed into his chest.

"Hey chocolate bunny." He called me by my nickname. "You still didn't answer me." He pulled away. "Why you leave my baby down there?"

"I couldn't Daddy, and I know that's selfish. We was supposed to be a family, I couldn't stay on that earth knowing I wouldn't be able to give my all to him. Ryan didn't deserve that, I kne-know that Kayla will. And that's still not an excuse for what I just did- I just— I just wish I could start over." I wiped my face, as more tears came down.

"Where you wanna go?"

"Huh?" I looked at my Daddy.

"Where you wanna go? And don't say to bring me back." He laughed.

I poked my lip out upset, then thought about what he was saying.

"Wait you can take me back-in-time?" I frowned, tilting my head a little. "Are you Father Time or something?"

"No baby, let's just say I'm a little help from God." He smirked. "You know nothing has changed? You just can't focus on one thing." He shook his head pinching the bridge of his nose. "Now please pick one place."

"Hey don't rush me old man."

"Oh it's old man, cause you got a kid huh?" He chuckled.

"I mean-" I shrugged, looking away. "Anyway I know where I wanna go."

"Yea better change the subject, gimme you hands." He instructed. "Close your eyes babygirl, think about your moment."

Thinking of my moment, I could feel my memory leaving. Opening my eyes looking at my father he was smiling at me as if he was proud.

"Don't let him go out like that again—like I did. Don't let him mess up." He start fading.

"Wait wait, am I gonna remember any of this?"

"You'll-"

"No no!" He faded away before answering.

<<<<

Jhonni!" My friend Cindy tap my shoulder; knocking me out my gaze.

"Huh? Yea?"

Looking at me she frowned. "You okay? I called you like ten times."

"Wait what?"

"I said are you okay? I called you like ten times. You good?"

"Bitch I'm more then good I'm fantastic!" I jumped up. "Listen sweets, stop talking bout people okay? And what ever you do don't get pregnant."

"What?" Cindy frowned.

"Are you deaf? I know you slow but-"

"I heard you." She stop me.

"Okay, see you around!" I smiled grabbing my book bag.

"Aye JoJo!" Aerin yelled at me.

"This bitch." I mumbled. "What you want?"

"Damn sis it's like that? Wassup with you?"

She don't know Jhonni, calm down Jhonni, I breathed in and out thinking to myself.

"One I'm not your sis and two nothing I'm trying to find my best friend."

"Oh." She sound disappointed. "I'll see you later." She walked off.

"Yea." I rolled my eyes. "Where are you girl?" I mumbled to myself. "Found you!" I power walked, walking up to Justice I hugged her.

"Girl are you okay!" Surprisingly she hugged back.

"I just really really missed you."

"Sis I just saw you and the baaa-by—" We pulled apart, giving each other the same look.

Pulling her into the bathroom, I made sure no one was in there.

"Bitch what all do you remember?" I whispered.

"King and I was making you future nephew." Justice whispered back. "Then you came and hugged me and everything came back. What happened? Why-"

"Listen to me when I say this and don't judge me." I told her everything that could answer her questions.

"But what I'm trying to figure out why we remember everything but Aerin and Cindy can't ? And why you take us this far back?" Justice pushed me a little.

"I'm sorry I didn't think it was gonna included this." I emphasized the memories.

"Well let's find the others."

"Wait what time is it?" I pat my pockets trying to find my phone.

"It's almost 8:30." Justice looked at her phone. "Why?"

"I gotta go meet my husband." I smiled.

"Ohhhh bitch that's why you chose this day!" Justice smiled with me. "Well babygirl you have four minutes before you late." She poked my side.

"Stop it! It already feel weird to be this thick again." I faked cried. "I kinda like it though."

"Yea your husband might too, and by the way you now have two minutes to get-"

"Okay gotta go!" I kissed her cheek see you in five." I left, running my ass to class. "Damn why I got all this in my book bag." I breathed out.

Meeting Ms. Clark at the door as the bell rung.

"Well I guess there's a first for everything Ms. Evans." She smiled.

"Sorry." I smiled, going into the classroom, sitting at my seat. "Come on baby." I looked at the door, whispering to myself.

Like clock work he walked in, pulling my note book out, I act as if I was doing my work.

"Class welcome our new student, Ryan Gibson. Ryan you'll be seating next to Jhonni." Ms. Clark point back at me.

Return my attention back to my work, I felt a presents next to me. Feeling him stare at me, I ignored it until it got annoying.

"Can I help you with something?" I didn't look up from my worksheet.

"Yknow you pretty—"He paused "to be my wife." Ryan grinned.

"Boy I was gonna slap you." I tried not to laugh.

"We gonna do this right this time?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I mean you the one who had beef with the Jamaicans." I whispered rolling my eyes.

"Smart ass mouth. Come here" He laughed grabbing my face with one hand, leaned in kissing me.

The End