FOUR

BEACON HILLS PRESERVE , CALIFORNIA

CALIFORNIA.

A few seconds after the girl left a boy came into Mia's vision, crouching down before her. "Are you alright? She didn't hurt you did she?" He asked her concerned as he looked her over. He couldn't help but to notice that she was very attractive but there was something familiar about her that he couldn't quite put together.

"I-I'm" Mia was about to come up with some excuse with how she was fine and didn't need his help but the truth was, she did. She needed to know everything, who she is, where she is and what the hell just happened. "No" She replied softly as she looked down at the hospital gown that she still had on and hung her knees into her chest to keep from getting cold.

"Here" The boy took off his jacket laying it over her shoulders. Mia smiles up at him gratefully. "Do you know your way back home?" He asked her.

Mia shook her head "I don't know where I live. I don't even know who I am, c-can you help me" Mia stammered as her throat felt like it was starting to close over and tears rolled down her face.

"Hey...hey, it's alright. We can figure this out okay?" He said as he used his sleeve to wipe away her tears. He held out his hand for her to take "Scott" He said and she looked up at him confused and back down at his hand again.

"My name...is Scott, Scott McCall" Mia laughed lightly as she shook his hand.

"...Mia...I think, at least that's what two people have called me already today. Everything's still a bit fuzzy" She admitted as she smiled timidly.

Scott helped her up and they started to walk through the preserve. He took his phone out and dialed a number they picked up straight away.

He had started to put the pieces together but he had to make sure that he was right. "Hey Mom, you know Derek's sister the patient who disappeared...what was her name?"

"Mia...why?" She asked her son.

Scott paused looking beside him at Mia "Because I may of just found her" He told his Mom.

•••

Scott had already agreed to meet Derek at the entrance of the preserve before he had ran into Cora and Mia, he just didn't know whether this was good timing for him to reunite with his sister but he didn't have much of a choice.

She had followed him to lead her to where he was going to meet Derek, he hadn't told either Hale about the other so this could turn out either good or bad.

"Is it them?" Scott asked Derek as he saw him looking at two pairs of footprints, not yet making it known that Mia was with them.

Derek looked over to Scott "We're not the only ones who had decided to stick together"

"Is that going to make it easier or harder to catch them?"

"I don't know" Derek admitted quietly.

"Derek...I saw Boyd try to rip two kids apart and Cora do the same to a girl, you actually might know her" He said and he motioned for Mia to step forward.