Chapter 5 ~ Another Case Closed

Everyone in the room stared at Hugh, all waiting for an explanation. Hugh sighed, and said "Rosie, she was... She never liked Miss Fisher, that much we all know. But when Sidney turned out to be one of the 'bad guys' she felt like it was her fault, somehow. I can't tell you exactly what was going on in her brain, but she got.. Sick, I suppose that would be the word to use. And she decided to take it out on the people who caught her fiancé, she blamed them. And of course those people are us." Miss Fisher bit her lip, trying to understand what Hugh had said, and apparently, everyone else was also trying to comprehend it as well.

Dot began to cry, again, and Hugh grabbed her hand, and smiled reassuringly. "But, Hugh, it's not fair..." Suddenly though, Jack had a thought. "Collins, this is as very well, but how exactly did you know all of this, and why on earth didn't you say something before?" "Because, uh, well I knew Rosie was il because I overheard her talking about it to a man, I assume he was a doctor or a psychologist."

The room went quiet, as nobody had anything else to say on the matter, it seemed as if there was nothing left to do.

Jack excused himself and politely exited the room, Phryne following close behind. The two stood in the kitchen for a while, silently. "None of us saw it coming Jack." He nodded his agreement. "I know that, but I feel like we were all stupid not to." Miss Fisher scoffed, "How could we possibly have known?!"

Jack shook his head, and smiled "As much as it pains me to say it, and it really really does, I suppose you're right." Miss Fisher smirked, "You know I always am." The two of them headed back into the parlor to join their friends.

The case was closed, mystery solved, but the story had only just begun.

A/N: And so that's it! But, as many of you suggested on fanfiction.net, there will be  a sequel, so look forward to that! :)