chapter1- he saved my life

He pulled his fist back and slammed it into my face, the hand on my shoulder tightened as it held me in place. I bit my lip to keep the scream that wanted to escape in as pain erupted on the right side of my face. I opened my eyes and looked into the angry green eyes of my father. His black hair was tied back into a small pony tail that sat perfectly at the nape of his neck. My blood stained his white shirt and little flecks of it blended in with the black of his suit. My brothers walked feely through the kitchen stopping every so often as I was hit over and over again. None of them makes a move to stop it. I sucked the tears up and took a deep breath.

He hit me again and I fell to the ground. He kicked me in the stomach and walked away. I got up without making a sound and stared at him with so much hatred that I didn't even know it was possible. I walked off in the other direction and changed into a pair of bootleg jeans and I tee shirt, I washed the blood off my face and put the heavy silver cross around my neck. I slipped a pair of thongs on and walked out of the room. Everyone turned to stare at me as I walked towards the door.

"And where do you think you're going?" my father shouted his voice still full of rage

"Some where that you wouldn't dare enter" my voice was cold as I swallowed down the frog that threatened to stop me from talking. I turned around and gave them the most disgusted look I could manage. I slammed the door shut on my way out and could hear my father yelling and screaming at me as he walked behind me. I tied my hair back, and ignored the screaming behind me.

Someone grabbed me side on and spun so I was facing my father. They put a gun under my chin. And started yelling back at my father. I blocked it all out and repeated the Hail Mary in French over and over again.

"Give me whatever you got and I'll let the pretty girl go" they growled

"Shot her see if I care. You'll be doing us all a favour." He shouted back.

"Just shot me please. I'm begging you." I pleaded tears falling down my face.

"Why are you asking me to kill you?"

"Because I have nothing to live for. Because I'm sick of the pain. Because i cant stop it"

"Ben give me the gun and let the girl go" a new voice said from behind the guy who had me. I heard my brothers gasp and saw my fathers eyes widen.

The guy walked in front of me and his eyes fell to the plain silver cross i was clutching in my hands. He reached out and took the gun from under my throat and put it in his jacket.

"what happened?" his hand was on my chin making me look at him. I shook out of his grip and stepped back

"fuck off. I wish you would all just leave me alone" i wiped the tears away and kept walking towards the small church.

I could hear my father yelling at me but couldn't make out the words, other voice joined in his chorus of curses until someone silenced them.

I stood in front of the tiny church looking up at the sky, thinking about what had just happened. I closed my eyes and looked down before walking in.

Nobody was in the pews praying, and i couldn't see the priest anywhere. I walked into the back pew and kneeled praying to god hoping he would hear my prayers and pleads. I heard someone sit down on the creaky pew beside where i was kneeling. I took a deep breath and sat on the pew.

"whats your name?" the guy who saved me asked.

"Annabelle and i would be grateful if you would leave me alone"

"ok. For now" he walked away and i stared at the door in shock. He just did what i asked. Nobody does that. I sighed and stood up getting ready to walk out of the church