15.Misunderstanding

Start from the beginning

".....Shaub seems hard to get along at first but when you get along with him you will know the true him. It's just that he had a sad childhood. His mo-" Her voice brings me back to reality and she swallowed back the words looking behind me with wide eyes.

She acted as if she has been caught doing something bad and diverted her gaze back to her lap. Her abnormal behavior baffled me and I turned around to looked at the intruder behind me. And the intruder cough at the same time I turned to face him.

"I..I will leave you two to talk." Nessy voice outstanding up from the swing and left me behind to deal with the jerk while winking at me on the way.

"What are you doing here?" I asked the man standing beside me.

I didn't look up to meet his gaze and impatiently waited to hear whatever the jerk of a man had to say. It would have been better he hadn't come here looking for me and I couldn't ignore him as Nessy was looking at us through the living room window which gave a clear view of the backyard.

"Let's talk in the study." Shaub too noticed Nessy who was standing near the window talking with the maids and saying that he walked away to the door.

Nessy smiled when she saw me looking at her and signaled me to walk towards Shaub. I smiled back nodding my head and turned to look at the man who had already entered the door leaving the door open on the way. I inwardly groaned looking at that open door and walked towards it maintaining my composure.

The study was at the innermost corner of the hallway and when I reached there the door was closed making me knock on it. I stood outside the door for few minutes and when I didn't hear a reply from inside, I turned around to walk away when I heard his voice. "Come in."

I heave a sigh controlling my anger and not to lashed out at him the minute I entered inside. I then hold the door knob and turned it opening the door. I walked inside and close the door behind my back.

Shaub was behind the desk checking out some papers and when I stop beside his desk then he looked up to notice my presence. He put down the papers on the table and motion me to take the seat. I pulled the chair to my right and sat down on it.

I waited for him to speak a word but he pulled open a drawer at the side and took out a cheque book from it. He then took out the pen from the pen-holder and flipped the cheque book signing his signature on it. I looked at his each and every action and felt irritated when he blatantly ignored me.

"Here." Shaub tore the cheque from the cheque book and placed it on the table in front of me.

I glanced at the blank cheque check then at the arrogant jerk and didn't move my hand to take it. I don't know what the hell he is trying to do by giving this bank cheque and I'm not short on money to accept it from him.

"I have left this column for you to fill. You can write whatever amount you like." He pointed at the empty space on the cheque and signaled me to take it.

"I don't need your money. Nicho has already done the payment." I had received it the day before yesterday and the amount is more than we have agreed on.

And I don't know what this jerk is up to?

"If there is nothing else then I will go." I stood up from the chair and turn around to walk towards the door.

"Wait." I had just walked few steps away when he yelled out loud.

I halt on my step and felt a burning gaze on my back. Then I recalled something which I need to say to the jerk and turned around to look at him to find him clenching the pen which he was holding the moment ago.

"Also, Mr.Reghen I hope you will clear the misunderstanding Nessy and everyone is having. And I do not want to have my name associate with you." I gave a sharp glare to the man who was looking at me with narrowed eyes.

"I had tolerated your lies to have that medicine and now-" I was caught off guard when a hand grabbed my arm and a man stand dangerously closer to me.

He looked straight into my eyes as if he could see through my soul and I too stare into his eyes to know what he is thinking but he hides his emotion behind his cold gaze. I averted my gaze to the side when I had enough and pushed him when his nails dug into my skin.

I hissed holding my left hand and back away to create a distance between us when my land hit something hard and an object fell on the floor creating a loud noise.

"Clumsy woman. Break the million dollar antique vase." Shaub muttered looking pissed and I regretted rejecting that blank cheque.

How am I going to pay for it? Million dollar is not a small amount.