XXVII

Everyone was in shock as Klay really left out the door. Basketball was always on his mind and he loved it ; so why did he quit ?

Easy answer : he found something else strong enough to give him life.

Jilly.

The love of his life.

"Practice is cancelled." Coach Kerr said, leaving out the gym. One of his starters just randomly quit and he had to find a resolution for the rest of the season. He was actually bluffing and hid it quite well but Klay still left.

"He really just quit." Tim McCaw said in shock. It was the rookie's first year and he was confused, completely confused. Stephen just got his stuff together, showing them that he didn't care. They all left and went to their cars to leave. Stephen shoved his keys in the ignition and Draymond jumped in his passenger seat.

"What do you want ?"

"What the fuck just happened in there ? I never seen you two argue like that."

"He was still fucking her behind my back."

"Okay and ?"

"What do you mean okay and ?" He asked in a nasty tone. Draymond noticed it and ignored it. He only let him get away with it since he was in his feelings.

"They are fucking grown. I know you see her as Sydel but come on. They are full adults."

"I don't give a fuck if she's an adult or not. That shit was disrespectful."

"It was. He admitted that but can't you see the way he cares for her ?"

"Nope."

"Because you won't open up your eyes and give them a chance. She's crashing at Jelissa's and I can't even go over there without hearing her cry. Unlike you, I would care for her heart too dearly to let it get crushed like it happened."

"What happened ?" Stephen interjected. He sighed.

"Once you walked out that room , Klay broke up with her. He didn't want it to continue. He didn't want to continue fighting with you and have her go through that again. He's fucking miserable. He's drinking his life away. You know what he told me ? He can't even go to sleep because he knows he will dream about her. He said everytime he closes his eyes , he sees her cry and he can't take it. You can't keep stopping their love. You just can't." Draymond said. He patted his shoulder and got out. Draymond got into his car and drove off. 

Stephen sighed and started his car, driving back home. He pulled up behind the car he gave to Jillian on her 21st birthday. 

He got out and walked in the house to see Ayesha laying the girls down for a nap.  She kissed their foreheads and turned to shut the door before jumping up since Stephen scared her. She smiled and shut the door.

"Can you come shower with me ?" 

She nodded and they got into the shower together. A soft frown grew on Stephen's face and she immediately noticed. She hurried up washing herself and got out. She put on one of his shirts and some shorts.

"Wardell."

He stared at nothing on the shower wall. She pulled back the curtain and he still didn't move. She turned off the water and pulled him out, he soon gave her all his attention.