Chapter Sixteen: Forgive & Forget

Start from the beginning

While Jacob and Alexis were on the corner, Audrey decided to follow Angela backstage to help cleanup. She felt that it was right to leave the two alone despite what had just happen to the two of them.

Alexis was still crying in Jacob arms. "Alexis, let's take you somewhere private from here."

Jacob took Alexis to a much more private place compared to the party. It looked like a library in the hotel where guest can stay for some reading time or to surf the internet. Jacob situated Alexis on one of the armchair and sat besides her. He gently rubbed circles on her back to comfort her.

"I look ridiculous, don't I?" she said and buried her face on her hands.

"No you're not. You were just blind with love and couldn't see reality." Jacob responded back.

She removed her hands from her face and stared at Jacob. "I know what you want Jacob."

Jacob smiled and nodded.

"I don't know why this happens to me all the time." Alexis said and took a deep breath. "Justin was cheating on me with one of the models. My friends told me that he was spotted with her but I didn't believe them. I was too blind. And tonight I witness something really terrible."

"What was it?"

"After the show, I headed backstage to congratulate the models then I saw Justin. He was heading to one of the dressing rooms. I got curious and followed him. Then, my heart fell apart. I witness him lip locking and kissing one of the models. I freaked! The worst part is that she is pregnant with Justin. He is a father to two kids already. He was only after my money to support his children and his model girlfriend. They've been together ever since we got here to New York."

"Look at him! He's engage and doesn't tell you that he's has children. The man has commit problems."

"I know. I was so blind," Alexis said and rested her head on his chest.

"Alexis, I know I did the same thing to you years ago and I'm really sorry. I didn't know what gotten into my head." He sighed loudly. "I just hope you find the right one for you."

"I know, I do too," she picked her head up and stared up at Jacob. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Why do people fall in love with the wrong person?"

Jacob was stunned and remembered when Audrey had asked the same question. "Funny, someone asked me the same question you just asked."

"And who was that?"

"Audrey."

"What did you tell her?"

"Well, I told her that- nice people fall in love with the wrong people because they think they deserve the love they get."

"Audrey is really lucky to have you. She found a really great guy."

"I appreciate it but Audrey and I aren't actually a thing."

He wishes they were.

"What do you mean?" Alexis asked in curiosity.

"We faked our whole relationship. I actually asked her to be my girlfriend because of you."

"Really."

"Yes, but I learned that letting you go was the first step to having a new beginning. Opening my heart for some else."

Alexis remained silent for a while and just died a little inside. "Jacob, I don't know what to say." She put her hand on his chest. "I wished I believed you before. I wished I've never fell for Justin." She stared into his eyes. "I wish I was still with you."