Prologue ✔

A/N

So you've decided to read this book. I did warn you that it has many mistakes and no further plans for editing or revisions are being made. Nonetheless, please enjoy the story and its many cliches. 

Happy readings!

"Falling for the Unexpected"

What is love?

Dictionaries define as an intense feeling of affection. People see it as entertainment, but to others it's life.

We indulge ourself to different types of love. Some give it to God, their parents, siblings, grandparents, children, friends even to their own pet pig named Willy. Half give their love to unknown, random people they assume will be there till the very end. Some are just oblivious to where their love for one another will lead to. They just give and give even through the pain, they know they're bound to go through.

Some will call them the heartbroken, the desperate, the lonely ones, the hopeless romantics or even idiots.

No, they are the risk takers, the wanderers, the dreamers.

Andrey Ward was that dreamer, wanderer and risk taker. Being influence with lovers in Paris, she was made to believe that someone out there is truly made for you.

True love does exist somewhere, but before meeting that person you need to be hurt even if pain repeated itself over and over again.

***

The fifth of February, it was all Audrey waited for. It was the fifth anniversary of timid Audrey Ward and boyfriend, Ethan Hooks.

Audrey had met him in high school when she left Paris and migrated to New York City at the age of fourteen. Her best friend Jessica Hughes introduced them to one another and started to date during senior year of high school. He was always so sweet to her then but towards adulthood, something conjured his bitterness towards her and things seem different.

Today was their fifth year anniversary and Audrey expected a ring on her finger.

It's ironic and funny how you expect the man to prepare and pay the surprise supper but in this case, it was the lady, Audrey.

She prepared the dinner, gift, transportation and hotel reservation.

What a man Mr. Hooks was!

Audrey casually picked on her fuzzy hair that was tied in a bun, awaiting on Ethan to come closer. "Evening my E=mc2! Ready?"

"Ready as usual," Ethan replied lifelessly, sounding like he wanted to be somewhere else. He cringed up his nose. "What are you wearing?"

Audrey took a quick glance at her outfit. "You don't like it?" She twirled around in her bland shirt dress, covering her skin with a navy blue cardigan and white stockings.

"No, unless you're trying to look like my grandma who died years ago," Ethan remarked rudely.

Audrey ignored his rude comment which she took as a compliment. "Well, I wasn't going for the granny look, but I'm glad I reminded you about your grandma."

"You never fail to pull that off."

She chose to ignore him and wouldn't want that to ruin their anniversary dinner. She took him to the Seafood Bucket which cost awfully much.

Audrey was saving up just to make reservation for this because she knew how much Ethan loved seafood especially when it was fresh.

As they were assigned to their seats, Audrey awaited for what gentlemen usually do before sitting down.