Chapter Nine: The Ultimate Surprise

The Ultimate Surprise

Audrey's phone was ringing and ringing but Audrey had not known. She was sleeping on her bed snoring loudly and drooling on her white pillow.

Her phone kept ringing to the sound of the Marimba. It had rang several times before Audrey could answer it.

"Beep! Beep!" her phone rang.

Audrey was awaken by her phone and shocked. It rang again and she picked it up lazily and answered in the most monotonous tone. "Hello?"

"Audrey I've been bloody calling and you only answer now!" Jacob shouted.

"Who is this?"

"It's Jacob!"

"Jacob?"

"Yes Jacob!"

"Oh, it's Jaaycooobb," not knowing it, she said dragging each word . "The bossssss! You need coffee? Or what stupid errand do you want me to do now, Jaayycooobb?"

"Audrey, you do know what you're saying to me?"

"What?" Audrey said apprehensively.

"You were insulting me. I don't need that. I have problems already. Now get your lazy bum up, get dress and meet me at my office sharp!" Jacob commanded in a stern voice.

Jacob hung up furiously and drop his phone down. He was such in a bad mood today. Knowing, he had to deal with his brilliant ideas. Pretending to be in a relationship with Audrey was the worst thing he could have thought of. He could have hired a stranger but that would lead to a bigger problem. At least, he known Audrey for a short period of time.

Meanwhile, Audrey got ready in a split second and dressed up in a simple lemon sundress that looked over worn and covered it with a white, plain blazer. She hurried to get to the lobby to call a taxi to drive her to the office at six in the morning.

The traffic was getting worst and good thing Audrey had left her condo early morning. Audrey felt a bit anxious and eager to know what Jacob was going to say to her, after that last call she had with him. He didn't seem like the morning person at all.

As she walked, she trembled every step she took. Jacob waited silently seated with a stern look on his face.

Audrey sat on her desk and stared awkwardly into the ceiling waiting for Jacob'a response. Jacob stared at her and made a tapping sound with his fingers trying to irritate her. She stared at him back. After such a thick silence, Jacob finally broke.

"I'm not completely forgetting what you said on the phone. And I or we have bigger problems. I have to deal with you." he sneered bitterly.

Audrey was a bit offended of his statement and choose to ignore his rude comments and instead choose her words widely. "Problems you got yourself into." she coughed to herself.

Jacob stood from his desk and spoke. "What are you waiting for? We have to go!"

Audrey stood from her desk and followed him quickly.

It was half an hour drive to the beauty shop. Jacob had known the owner for years and befriended her for her exterior.

When Jacob got down from his car, he was greeted by his old friend, Mercedes, actually ex-girlfriend.

"Jacob! Long time no see! How are you?" Mercedes said and kissed him cheek to cheek.

"I'm find. Nice to see you too." he said speaking in a monotone.

"So... Come to fix things with me again?" She started flirting with him. She played with his hair and leaned on him closer.

He pushed her away softly and fixed his coat. "I have business to do. And I want you to fix someone for me."