The Baseball Game

Recruiting an assassin

Vados already contacted most of the fighters from the tournament now, except for Frost, she only needed Hit.

She saw he was, strangely, in some sort of office, just standing in a corner with his arms crossed and eyes closed; at some point she thought he was waiting a client but she wasn't sure.

Well, if he's waiting and is with his eyes closed I don't think he'll listen to me if I just call him, she thought rolling her eyes with a smirk on her face, I better go there and talk to him personally.

She teleported and she appeared sat on the big wood desk.

"Hello" she greeted, Hit only opened one eye and saw her a few seconds.

"I'm working" he closed his eye again.

"But... you're just standing there"

"I'm waiting my target"

"Oh" she let go her staff which stood still on the red carpet and she laid on the desk with her left hand holding her head. He opened his eyes.

"What are you doing?" he said looking her body, she was on her side so her dress fell off her body showing off her soft curves.

"Waiting with you, assassin Hit" she said with a smirk "is that a problem?"

"Hmp" he said closing his eyes again "I work alone"

In that second they heard the door being open. A short man (about 5'3" more or less) with a very expensive suit and gold chains entered with his group of body guards.

"What the... guards!" yelled the short man.

Before he could do anything else Hit had already stopped time except for him and the short man.

"You useless bastards! Don't just stay there!" said the man.

"My name is Hit" he said "and I've stopped time for just me and you"

"WHAT? HIT THE ASSASSIN? NO! Please, I'll give you and your girlfriend anything you want, but please don't kill me!" it was the last thing the man could say before Hit kill him and take one of his gold chains.

Time went back to normal and the guards started to shoot at nothing, Hit and Vados had already left the building.

They arrived in a place full of... statues, maybe? He threw the gold chain at one of them and put again his hand in his pocket.

"Was that man guilty of something?" she asked, he only shrugged "so, you just killed him without asking why"

He nodded "The less I know the better I can do my job"

"I see..." she said thoughtful "What if I ever need your services?"

"Put a hologram of the target inside a bag with my payment and your name next to this statue or ask me in person, however you want, I'll tell you when my work is done" he said "What do you need?" he asked now looking at her.

"You see, Champa will held a new competition against universe seven" she said "and we need another player"

"'Player'? Don't you mean 'fighter'?" he asked.

"Actually, this time we won't have a martial arts tournament but a baseball game"

"Base... ball?" that was the first time in all his years of life that he ever heard that word.

She showed him, with her staff, a few images of the game "This is baseball, a game where two teams..."

"No" he said.

"What?"

"I won't do that" he said "I rather die before humiliate myself that way"

"But, you have humiliated yourself before... when you decided to loose on purpose" she said "against Monaka... why did you do that?"

"I just didn't want to be one of Champa's pawns" he said closing his eyes.

"I got it but... why Monaka?" She asked "He was a wimp"

"Goku had already leave the battle" he said "however, I showed my point"

"I think you're somehow right" she said "anyway, are you sure you don't want to participate?"

"I won't loose job because of a whim" he opened his eyes looking forward "besides, you said it were teams and I work alone"

"Not even once?"

"Not even once, you can give me any money you want or Champa can come and kill me, but I won't do that"

"I understand" she said "very well, then, I'll go away, goodbye, assassin Hit" she said before go away.

Hit then looked at the spot where she was "See you later, miss Vados" he said before walking away.