Both

Now I know we said things
Did things
That we didn't mean
And we fall back
Into the same patterns
Same routine
But your temper's just as bad
As mine is
You're the same as me
But when it comes to love
You're just as blinded

~.~

You drove to the farthest Chick-fil-a you could drive to without getting absolutely exhausted. As you sat in the car eating your fries you thought...I'm free...

And you were. You were free at last. And you loved the feeling. You would never have to worry about a man coming home to you and practically killing you while forcing you to please him. You were free to get a job, to provide for yourself and not worry about anyone else. It would take you a while to get back on your feet, but you were determined to do it. The first thing you did was call up one of your home girls to see if you could stay at her place until you got a job and made enough money to get your own apartment then maybe house. And you wouldn't be dating for a very long time.

But you hesitated.

You stared at the screen..your thumb right above her name Jaydah. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't bring yourself to tap. What's happening to me? Why can't I just call her?

Eventually, you placed your phone down in the cup holder. You ran your hands down your face. You had finally escaped Erik. He let you go free. He can't harm you anymore. But you felt terrible.

Maybe he had actually loved you? I mean, what couple hasn't thought about smacking around the other person? Erik just acted upon what everyone else wants to do, right. Obviously you were the problem...right?

NO. YOU WEREN'T. HE'S THE PROBLEM. IT'S ERIK, NOT YOU.

Sighing, you finished your meal and started the car up. You decided to wait a while before you went back to anyone's house. You had to find a place to stay first.

~.~

Meanwhile, Erik was a mess.

He yelled. He kicked. He tore up his house all because he was angry at himself.

Why? Why did he let you go? He should have never let you leave! He should have forced you to stay like he always does! What could have changed?

That baby.

Of course. It was the deceased child. Erik had noticed that you were getting bigger, a lot, but he didn't want to say anything since he wasn't completely sure. But now he knows. But now it's too late.

"...FUCK!" There goes another chair across the room. Pretty soon, the only things left to destroy in the house will be your belongings and himself.

And he wouldn't dare harm your things.

"I have...I have..." Erik puts his face in his lap on the couch. He's heaving as if he just ran a whole marathon. Lifting his head up, the first thing he sees is your face on a photo you both had taken early in the relationship.

"I have to get her back."

~.~

Uploading twice because this chapter is short.