Kate

I fiddled with the blue bow sash around my waist. It was a little odd for me since I couldn't see any of my markings anymore. The black dress complimented my body and eyes. I really loved the shiny black flats that matched my outfit. I looked over at Amai. Her dirty blonde hair was framed around a pair of golden glasses. Her black top matched her pair of galaxy leggings. She was wearing a pair of blue sneakers. Uzera had a pair of brown glasses to match her hair and greenish blue eyes. She was wearing a gray t-shirt with a spring jacket over it. She was also wearing a pair of blue jeans and white sneakers. Airis wore a red dress with black leggings and black flats. We were in the living room discussing our human names.

"I like the name Rayna, what about you guys?"
Uzera smiled at us.

"Hmm... I like the name Stacia. It's like Aria and Stacy combined, plus it sounds sassay!"
Amai stood up and did a little dance. I started laughing.

"I think it's pronounced sassy, not sassay!"

"It's sassay, woman!"

I rolled my eyes, smiling.
"Alright, what about you, Airis?"

Airis looked up at me from the book of baby names we found in a box in an empty room, smiling.
"I like the name Lynae. Plus I think it sounds pretty."

"What about you, Zecara?"

"I'm thinking about Jessica. It's practical and I think it suits me."

"Alright, so we're settled on our names?"

We all nodded.

"Great! Now it's time for-"
Stacia was interrupted by the door opening. In walked Nathan and an elderly woman. Her hair was a pale brown with a few white hairs. Her blue eyes were a little cloudy, but were behind a set of brown glasses.

"Nate, why are there four girls in here?"

I smiled at the woman
"Your husband helped us, Ma'am."

She looked at Nathan, suspicious.
"They needed help and a place to live. I thought why not here? We have more than enough space for them."

She sighed before smiling.
"Alright. What are your names?"

Nathan looked worried but I smiled at them.

"My name is Jessica. And these are my sisters."
I gestured to them.

"Stacia, the oldest."
She gave them a peace sign.

"Rayna, the second oldest."
Rayna nodded, smiling.

"Lynae, the third oldest."
She waved.

"And I'm the youngest. It's nice to meet you, Ma'am."

"Such a well mannered young lady. Maybe I'll let you girls stay."
She smiled before sitting down on a loveseat and turning on a TV. Nathan sat next to her. I noticed something golden on the shape of a star on the inside of his jacket.

"Excuse me? What is that golden star on your jacket?"

Nathan smiled before showing it to me.
"It's my sheriff's badge. It shows that I'm entitled to protect Chicago from danger. It also means that I'm the boss of the police officers."

"Can I be a police officer?"

"Maybe, I'd have to test you to see your skills."

I nodded.
"When can we do that?"

He chuckled.
"Maybe Tomorrow, but for now just relax and explore the area. I'll be here."

"Okay!"
I smiled before going upstairs to the room I chose earlier. Feeling mischievous, I grabbed something called shaving cream from the bathroom and plastic wrap from the kitchen and went to Lynae's room. I left a surprise on her pillow, not before placing some protection on the pillows. I had to protect them from her wrath somehow. I snuck out of the room, leaving everything undisturbed, and staked out waiting for my prey to take the bait.

"JESSICA! I'M GOING TO MURDER YOU WITH MY AXE!"

Oh shit...Gotta run!
I ran downstairs and sat next to Nathan.

"What are you-"

"My sister wants to kill me right now. I feel safe here."

"What did you do?-"

Lynae emerged, her hair and face caked in shaving cream. She looked beyond livid. I grabbed some popcorn from a bowl in Nate's lap and ate some.

"Now now, Lynn, calm down."
I saw Stacia's eyes glow slightly. She was using her powers to help calm her down. She was adjusting Lynae's emotions to cool the hot head down.

"That brat put shaving cream on my pillows!"

"Lynae, Calm down."
Stacia glared at her softly. I saw her shoulders hunch forward slightly. She was calm for now. She sighed and went upstairs for a shower. I smiled at Stacia.

"Next time, call me in on the next one."
She winked before running upstairs as well, most likely to watch something called "Anime". I continued to eat popcorn, watching crime shows with my new "adoptive parents".