Chapter Seven: Tony's POV

This has got to be the strangest night of my life. Natasha is acting like Loki is her, boyfriend, or something. My head is pounding, and my suit isn't working. I won't be able to get out of this thing if it doesn't come back on.

Dinner is an interesting affair, no one speaks as invisible waiters come and go with food. I'm trying to make eye contact with Natasha, but she is avoiding my gaze, intentionally I'm sure. I lean back in my chair, putting my feet on the table. "Okay, someone should start explaining. Why the hell am I here?" Loki glances up at me, moving his gaze to Widow. She clears her throat slowly.

"Uh, Tony, I think maybe we can talk about this tomorrow-"

"No, Natasha, I can explain." Oh, so they're on a first name level now. Loki stands up, moving over to stand above me. "You see, Stark, Natasha here was only the first step. You were my next goal. I'll let you figure out who comes next." His smirk just ticks me off. I really want to punch his lights out, but I'm in a heavy metal suit with no powered assistance. I'm just glad my arc didn't shut off with the rest of it.

We glare at eachother just a few moments longer, until he turns away to leave the room. The last thing he says is to Natasha. "Show him his quarters, won't you?"

The woman in question is leading me down a long hallway when I stop. "Tell me what he did to you. Why are you acting-acting like a couple?" She rolls her eyes at me.

"Stark, don't you get it? He's snaring us in this order on purpose. I'm the only one who could've drawn any of you out. And while you aren't the most popular of the group, you're a powerful bargaining chip. You could make him an armada of weapons if he wanted you to."

I scowl at her. "But why are you WORKING for him? That's what it seems like anyway."

Her scowl is fiercer then mine. "I'm a spy, you idiot. I want him to trust me. And I need to learn a few things, like how to get your suit working again. So I'd shut up and bear with it if I were you. You should try and maybe gain his trust, enough so he lets you wander without supervision." She opens a door leading to a well furnished bedroom. "These are your quarters. You are not to leave them unless specifically directed to, or until you are given more privileges. Goodnight, Tony." She leaves me standing in the middle of the room, the doors locked tight. This has been a strange day...

(Ok friends, so sorry I've taken so long on the update! I'm on vacation and I don't always have access to a computer and it takes really long to type it on my iphone. So enjoy this short blurb i gave you!)