Chapter 6: Widow's POV

After I've found my way back to my cell, as I think of it, I begin to formulate a plan. It's already nighttime, so I must've slept through nearly the whole day. The first thing I think I'll do is get out of this ridiculous negligee. There's got to be a closet in here, or Loki wouldn't have said anything about other clothes. 

The closet is full of beautiful gowns, all green, just different styles. Ridiculous. He probably doesn't want me in anything I could attack him in. Well, I have to wear something, I suppose.

After choosing a fairly comfortable outfit, I decide to search for escape routes. He never said I couldn't leave my room, so I set off. I feel naked without my weapons, but they weren't in my room (that'd have been too easy) and I couldn't find a knife or even a sharp nail file. 

So, setting off around my prison, wearing a floor-length sleeveless dress, I search for answers. 

Loki has managed to find a beautiful palace, though no amount of glitter can disguise a dungeon. I wander the halls, trying to find a servant's exit or something that could lead to a top-secret storage room, but I get nothing. Truth be told, I feel like I'm trapped in a fairytale, out of place, out of time. Nothing looks more modern than medieval. It's all so strange, why would he bother finding anything nice at all? Where can you find castles still?

 I relocate the courtyard we were in before, now darkened with the nightfall. As I step into a sidelong garden, I witness the first funny thing I've seen since I got here. It isn't good for me or S.H.I.E.L.D., but it's entertaining. 

"Hey, Natasha, funny seeing you here." Tony, however he got here, is stuck upside down in a tree, his Ironman faceplate bent up, and he's eating an apple he must've pulled off the tree. 

"I wouldn't call it funny, more like hilarious," I say, smirking. "But why aren't you flying away? You've got the suit." 

He frowns at me upside down. "Why are you on your head?" His breath smells like alcohol, great. He's drunk, but that doesn't explain why he's here in the first place. I grab his arm and tug, pulling him off the tree and onto the ground. 

"Stark, just tell me why you're here, and why you aren't flying away like a good little playboy," I grumble, any semblance of a good mood vanishing at his incompetence. 

He opens his mouth to retort, but my least favorite demi-god chooses that exact moment to show up. "Oh, Stark, you came about ten minutes earlier than expected. I must learn not to give you mortals such credit." Tony gets up, struggling because he manually pushes himself off the ground. Why isn't he just using the suit?

"Look, Loki, I'm not sure what you're playing at, but why did you take her-" he jerks his thumb in my direction- "And who gave you the tech to shut down my suit from several miles below me? I thought you didn't know 'mortal science'." So, his suit isn't working. 

Loki advances, bringing to mind a cat on the prowl, his prey immobile as he ponders the best way to finish it off. "Well, Stark, if you're willing to partake in it, I'll explain over dinner." He slithers over to me. "You look much nicer now, Natasha. Would you allow me to escort you in?" He offers me his arm. I'm not sure what to do, and Tony is giving me a strange look. Loki just waits patiently, his arm hovering, ready to be taken or not. My mind whirls, all my spy training clicking as I decide.

Loki and I lead our party of three into dinner, arm in arm.