Chapter 4: Loki's POV

I left her lying there, sweeping through this fine palace to my chambers. Entering my room, I slumped to the floor, memories washing back to me. I shouldn't have taken her first, not her, her red hair reminding me too much of another. Another human, another midgardian female, one who wormed her way into my heart many years ago. Or perhaps it wasn't so long ago.

The recollection overwhelms me...

I had been banished to Earth for a mere prank. A tiny joke, and Thor had to complain, landing me here for an entire Earthly month. I had absolutely nothing to do, as father had taken most of my powers for the month, I couldn't blow anything up or scare little children, all of which would have made me feel much, much better. Instead I sat in this small beach house, some reserve that father had taken possession of for when he had to do something like this. I sighed, staring out at the water. Honestly, how did any of the other Asgardians enjoy Earth? It was so boring.

After a long while, I realized someone was approaching. They were alone, and I didn't think they had seen me. Since it was cold for a beach, the person was wearing a green jacket. The color was what caught my eye, it was a nice compliment to his or her reddish hair. As they came closer, I realized it was a girl. She looked to be about seventeen, was tall, and had small glasses perched on her nose. She halted while still a distance away, sitting at the water's edge and gazing off towards the horizon.  

"Enough," I growl, throwing a vase across the room. "I don't want to remember." It shatters against a far wall, bringing me fully out of my reverie. Suddenly exhausted, I fall to the bed face-first. It's the same green as her coat.