Everything Changes

Makayla

When I asked him my question he sighed and said, " I noticed that cop, he was the one that arrested me when I was 15... Makayla I'm a drug lord"

Those words drug lord reminded me of so much.

I tried to speak but the only words that came out was "Go on..."

He continued to talk "When I was 13, my parents were shot to death right in front of me and my dad was a drug lord. I went with my grandma but she kicked me out because she said I was gonna die just like my father and I guess she didn't wanna have to bury someone else she loved dearly." I sighed and pulled him into a hug.

Eric

As Makayla held me I just sighed and laid on her chest.

"I care about you Eric." She said.

"Don't say that just because you want me to be alright." I replied.

"No seriously, despite you being a dumb ass I do care about you." She said and I looked up at her. I went towards her face and slowly kissed her and to my surprise she kissed me back.

She pulled back and then I realized her eyes was closed.

"I don't wanna rush into anything." She said.

"We are gonna take it slow." I assured her.

1 year later...

I held Makayla's hand as we graduated from high school.

After the graduation she looked into my eyes and said "Eric, I just saw my Dad.."

Makayla and I kept our promise..We were taking it slow. Not rushing into anything.

I just wonder where we are going to end up years from now.

Let's see...

*

*

Edited chapter.