15. Love hurts more than anything

Start from the beginning

- Apology accepted.

- So please, just tell me what you know, I keep pleading him. It's Elena, Damon. If you know something, tell me. Damon stands up and I mimic him, looking at my brother with anxiety.

- I mean this sincerely, I nod, anticipating his answer. I hope Elena dies, says Damon before walking past me to leave the room. You should spend time with your daughter before she decides to do something she'll regret or leave you forever.

Elena's P.O.V.

I search for a towel in the cabinet. I grab one and wet it in the sink before going back to Bonnie. I place it on Bonnie's forehead and slowly buffered her. My best friend slowly opens her eyes.

- Bonnie? I ask concernedly my best friend.

- Elena? She asks confused.

- Oh, you're okay! I tell her relieved.

- My head... tells my best firend while touching her head.

- Come here, I help her getting out of the bathtub.

- Oh my god! Ben is a-! starts saying Bonnie but I shush her and tapped my ear two times to explain her that they can hear us. She nods and I get up to turn on the tap. As the water flows into the bath sink, I walk back to Bonnie and kneels beside her. I'm so stupid!

- No, he had all of us fooled! I explain her and try to calm her down.

- What's going on? Why are we here? She questions.

- It must have something to do with the tomb and Emily's spell book.

- Spell book? questions Bonnie frowning.

- Damon said it could be used to open the tomb.

- Why didn't I know about any of this?

- I was trying to keep you out of it, hoping it would never come to this.

- Come to what?

- They need a witch to break the spell and let the vampires out, Bonnie widens her eyes as she looks a bit frightened. Suddenly, Ben bursts through the door. I grab Bonnie's shoulders protectively. Bonnie's fake date turns the tap off.

- You're wasting your time. I'm not gonna help you, tells my best friend half screaming at him. Ben smiles devilishly and grabs me by my arm. Bonnie reaches out to try to pull me back, but he manages to pull me away from her quickly.

- That's why she's here. Motivation for you to behave. You know, you shouldn't be so desperate. You made it too easy. Ben pushes me roughtly out of the bathroom and throws me into the next room. Bonnie gets up from the tub but Ben shuts the bathroom door before she could reach it. She wants to talk to you. I stumble into the motel room. Anna is leaning against a table, looking at me, her arms cross over her chest.

- Well, well. Elena Gilbert. You really are Katherine's doppelgänger, she says looking at me up and down. You must have the Salvatore boys reeling.

- Who are you? I ask her frowning.

- I'm Anna. Your brother may have mentioned me. She answers with girlish sarcasm in her voice. I mean, we're like, practically dating.

Gillian's P.O.V.

I woke up, feeling my cellphone vibrating on my mattress. I open my eyes and look at it. I have twenty messages from dad and three from Jeremy. I don't even read them and sit up before gasping as I see my dad sitting across the room, on my chair. He turns around and looks at me half smiling.