Chapter 1: Unexpected Reunion

~(Y/N)'s POV~

My cuts stung, they ran all along my arms, legs and torso. My (H/L) (H/C) hair was a mess and covered in filth. After the Galra had taken our ship, I was able to keep enough of their attention on me for Izaya and Jordan to escape. The thought that they were safe made me smile a little. Even if I was locked up in a dark cell on Sendak's ship, being tortured everyday which resulted in me losing my right eye, while awaiting transport to another ship. Knowing the people I cared about were safe was enough to put a smile on my face.

Soon the door to my cell opened and two sentries pulled me to my feet and dragged me to my feet and pulled me out the door towards the bridge. I can't stay here... I looked around with determination, I need to get out. As we passed the ship bay thing, I noticed a large red mechanical lion standing behind a force-field of sorts. Then I notice the ship by it's feet. I smirked, It was risky but better then staying here and dieing slowly. I stopped walking and pulled out my Blade of Marmora knife from the shadows, awakening it and cutting down the sentries.

I'll explain a little bit, I have control over shadows partly due to Haggar's experiments when I was younger, but I also earned the trust of a powerful demon named Kage. His physical form is a black wolf and from what he has told me, he was from Altea, a now dead planet thanks to the Galra. Izaya also gained the trust of Kage's brother Akarui, allowing him the control over light.

Anyway, taking out the sentries I sprinted towards the ship, my cuts burned slightly as they reopened a little. Once I got into the ship, I headed towards the closest planet, Arus. When I reached the planet the first thing I noticed was it's similar appearance to Earth, the second, the great flipping castle I landed a little bit away from. Curious of my new surroundings, I pulled a small bag out of the shadows and a first aid kit. I wrapped the bandages around my eye and torso. I put on a (F/C) T-shirt, black hooded jumper, black jeans, along with black finger-less gloves and combat boots. Feeling content in my new clothes and putting the extra things back into the shadows, I slid my knife into a sheath on the back of my belt. Finally heading towards the castle.

Carefully, I entered the building and began to walk around. I started to hear voices and followed the sound. "Any luck finding the red lion?" I peaked around the corner, into what looked like a control room. There were three people standing there. A ginger haired man with a mustache, A beautiful young woman with white hair and a teenager in a familiar red jacket with black hair. My eyes went wide as I recognized it as the jacket Keith would normally wear back on Earth. I could feel the tears brimming my eye, "Keith...?" I hadn't realised I had said it out loud until the three people in the room turned to me. I could barely hold myself together as my one good eyes looked into familiar blue-grey ones.

"Who are you?! How did you get into the castle?!" I looked Through the woman with white hair and wiped my eye. "I used the door...As for who I am..." I turned to the very shocked and confused Keith and smiled, " My name is (Y/N) (L/N), and for the past year or so I was a Galra prisoner." Keith's ,eyes went even wider, "(N-N/N)? Is that really you?" I gave him a nod, "Yeah, Akai, it's me." Before I could even react the pale ravenette pulled me into a tight embrace, causing my wounds to sting a little. "Everyone thought you were dead! I knew you couldn't be!" He pulled back and looked at my bandaged eye, frowning. "What happened to your eye?" I sighed and slowly removed the bandages, revealing the large and slightly bloody scar that ran across it. Carefully I opened it sowing Keith the faded, almost white, (E/C) colour. "Sendak..." The man and woman both looked at me with sympathy and Keith looked sightly pissed. Again the older boy wrapped his arms around my shoulders and rested his head on top of mine causing me to go a little pink in the face. " I told you not to go..."

His voice cracked a little as he tried to hold back his tears. I wrapped my own arms around his waist, "I know, I should have trusted your instincts." I felt him nod a little and held me tighter. Our little reunion was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. Keith jumped back and wiped the tears from his eyes, before turning to look at the white haired woman. "Care to explain yourself?"

~Keith's POV~

I can't believe it! He's here! (Y/N)'s alive and here! As happy as I am to see him, I can't help but think of what he might have been through and where are Izaya and Jordan? I looked over at Allura and Coran. Who seemed to be on guard. I placed a hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder, "Princess Allura, Coran. I'd like you to meet my friend from Earth, This is (Y/N)." The young (H/C) haired boy smiled and bowed, "It is my pleasure to meet you your highness. You are Altean, correct?" Everyone was shocked, "H-how did you?" (Y/N) laughed a little, "I have heard much about your people from fellow prisoners on the Galra ships, as well as over heard Sendak and his troops. They also mentioned Voltron? I believe they called it." Before any of us could ask anymore question, the younger boy pointed towards the wormholes.

"What are those?" Allura looked at him skeptically before answering, "They are wormhole, the other Paladins are collecting their lions." (Y/N) seemed to think for a moment, "Are they like, big mechanical, coloured cat-ship things?" Allura's eyes went wide, "You have seen the lions?" (Y/N) gave a hesitant nod, "A red one, while I was escaping Sendak's ship. Which is just outside the planets atmosphere I believe." Coran looked (Y/N) over, "So you're saying the Galra have the red lion? And they are already here?" Again, (Y/N) gave the Alteans another nod. Coran and Allura shared a look, before Allura turn back to the wormholes. "Paladins, please hurry back! I can't hold the wormhole much longer!"

Soon the green lion flew through it's wormhole and entered the castle, soon followed by the blue and yellow. As the others entered the control room, (Y/N) hid behind me. First was Shiro and Pidge, after a few minutes Hunk and Lance joined us as well. "You made it." Allura smiled. "Yeah, just barely. That was a nightmare. I almost puked out there. I felt like Hunk!" Lance whined a little causing me to roll my eyes. I felt (Y/N) tense a little behind me. "Think how I felt. I am Hunk." Hunk added. Pidge looked up at Shiro and smirked, "Yeah... We had a tough time, too."

"Did we find the red lion yet?" Shiro asked. "Yes! We have just been informed of it's location by Keith's friend over their." Coran pointed towards me. "Who's that?!" Lance asked and jumped back a bit. I heard (Y/N) sigh as he stepped out from behind me. He looked over the group, his eyes going wide before they softened. "H-hey guys... It's been awhile."