Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Fred's P.O.V.

It's been a few week since... the incident, as me and Brooke referred to it as. Although i was glad she wasn't pregnant because neither of us was ready for a kid, I felt oddly... empty i guess, that she wasn't. I have always wanted a family because my one is so big, but she never gave a firm yes or no to having a kid when she was older and i found myself spending most of my time thinking about that. George and Brooke had began to pick up on my strange mood and often asked me what was up, but i couldn't talk to George about it because me and Brooke promised each other we wouldn't tell anyone in case rumours started going round, and i couldn't talk to Brooke about it because i felt like i would be pressuring her and i didn't want that.

"Mr Weasley, please focus on your potion and try not to let it over flow everywhere." I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed the potion i was trying to brew was dripping out of the cauldron and onto the table then all over the floor.

"It's alright Fred i'll clean it up." George said and waved his wand and cleared it up and back into the cauldron. "What's up with you lately? You've been really distracted and quiet." George whispered once everyone turned back to their potions.

"It's nothing much it doesn't matter." I said shaking my head.

"I thought we told each other everything?" George said sounding slightly hurt and i felt awful. It was true, me and him shared everything we'd been through and i felt so horrible for not telling him what was going on in my head.

"We do i just can't tell you what it's about." I apologised feeling lousy.

"Fine, but you can tell me anything." He said and i nodded in understanding. The rest of the lesson i was focusing so hard on the potion, by the time i had finished it the lesson had been over for a good few minutes.

"Are you OK?" Brooke asked once we had left.

"Yeah I'm fine." I lied as we headed off to the common room.

"You're talking to me later about whatever's going on in your head." She whispered firmly to me before taking my hand and promptly changed the subject. "So the second task is coming up soon. Who do you think will win?" She asked me and George.

"Krum." George said straight away. "But Harry is pretty lucky so i think he has a good shot too." He decided.

"What about Fleur? She might be blond but she's not stupid." I said.

"What so all other blonds are stupid?" Brooke asked me and raised an eyebrow.

"N- no! Of course not! I was just saying a lot of blonds are stupid aren't they?" George was chuckling on the other side of me and shaking his head.

"Dude, listen to what you're saying." George said chuckling.

"I mean you get a lot of blonds who are stupid, but she isn't." I tried to correct myself.

"Check your girlfriends hair Fred." George whispered.

"Oh yeah! But that goes without saying, you're the smartest girl in the school." I said and kissed her cheek. We had reached the fat lady so i gave the password to her and she swung forward.

"George we're going to be a minute." Brooke said and dragged me down the corridor to a secluded part of the castle. "Right what's wrong?" She demanded when she was sure we were alone.

"Nothing." I lied and couldn't quite meet her eyes.

"Look at me Fred." I forced myself to look at her. "Tell me what's going on." I shook my head and looked away and she groaned. "Oh my god. This is about the... incident isn't it? Nothing is changing so we're OK and if you didn't really mean anything by what you said then why did you say it?" She asked looking hurt and sat down on the window ledge.