Chapter 8 - Rosie and Bradley

I decided to do a chapter in Rosie's P.O.V on what went on after she met up with Brooke in the hospital. Hopefully you like it but I found myself interested in what might go on in her head

_______________________________________________________________

Chapter 8

Rosie's P.O.V

After Brooke left I went into Bradley who was lying on the bed staring up at the ceiling with a dopey grin on his face. When he saw me the grin grew and my insides melted a little bit.

"Hi Rose!" He said excitedly and sat up and scooched further up the bed so I could sit down next to him as I usually did. "what did you talk about with your friend?" He asked me.

"Nothing much. She just said it was nice meeting you and would like to see you again if she could." I said. I didn't want to tell him the whole truth because he is quite sensitive now, so I told him the nicest things she said.

"What? Someone else see me instead of you?" he asked really worried.

"No I would see you aswell. She wondered if she could come along sometime with me to see you." I tried to explain.

"Yeah! That would be fun!" He said excitedly because apart from me no one else visited him, and I think he felt abandoned.

"Ok then. I'll tell her next time I see her." I smiled at him and he pulled me closer to him and drapped one arm across my shoulders and I leaned into his side. We always sat like this and talked, I used to feel awkward at first because I had dumped him but he had lost huge chunks of his memory but now I felt like it was easier. Sometimes he gave me flashes of his old cheeky sixteen year old self but he mainly sounded like he was five. I was never quite sure if he knew what was going on exactly, I had told him he was in St Mungos because he wasn't well and he seemed to understand that but it had been a year and he often asked if he was ever going home. How was I supposed to answer that?

"Are you ok Rose? You look upset?" he asked and stroked my cheek with his finger softly.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking about things." I said smiling up at him. "Do you want to do something?" I asked him.

"I'm tired cant we just sit and talk?" he asked me.

"If you want of course we can." I nodded and that's what we did for a good couple of hours. We just sat there and talked. I never understood why some girls complained when their boyfriends never take them anywhere. For me, this is the best thing I can think of doing.

At some point Bradley fell asleep with his head on my lap and I sat there stroking his hair. His nurse walked in and checked him over.

"He is a really sweet boy isn't he?" She asked me.

"Yeah he is. Does he know why he's here though?" I asked her and she shrugged.

"I don't know. I think he's starting to accept that maybe he won't be going home but he's usually very happy." She smiled at him warmly. "You know, he never shuts up about you, it's really sweet." She whispered softly to me and my face heated up.

"What does he say?" I asked her.

"He just keeps asking us when are you coming and tells us all about you from what he can remember or what you have talked about during your visits. Whenever someone says your name he instantly thinks you're coming to visit him." She smiled sadly "He absolutly dotes on you, I've never seen anything like it. Sorry you probably didn't want to hear all of that, you're young and probably have a lot on your plate wit school and things." She apologised.

"No it's ok. I like to hear about what he gets up to." I said quickly and he rolled over in his sleep so his face was looking up to mine. "I should really cut his hair." I said running my hands through his thick hair, it was getting a little bit too long for my liking.