Chapter 6 - Quidditch and Dreams

Chapter 6

As i got downstairs everyone was still laughing at me and i felt mortified.

"What is going on? What's taking you so long to come down?" Mrs Weasley demanded. "What's wrong Brooke?" She asked me.

"Nothing." I shook my head looking down.

"What have you done to Brooke?" She demanded.

"Hey it's not me!" Fred said honestly holding his hands up.

"Then what's going on?"

"We heard that you gave Brooke the talk." Ginny said and i glared at her.

"Who said that?" Mrs Weasley said looking flustered.

"Dad." Ginny said.

Right, well, I'll speak to your father later now everyone drop it and get into the kitchen." She barked and everyone shuffled off to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry for embarrassing you Brooke. I didn't know the others would find out." She smiled at me slightly.

"It's ok." I shrugged. I honestly wasn't too bothered about it, i was just really embarrassed at the time.

"Ok, well you got a letter." She said handing me an envelope, "But can you open it after lunch please?" She said. I nodded and put it in my cardigan pocket. It was quite heavy and i didn't recognise the writing so i was really curious as to whom it was off.

"Sorry for embarrassing you." Fred whispered to me when i sat down next to him.

"It's ok. It's not your fault." I whispered back.

"So. No thoughts about having kids in the future?" He whispered just as i was halfway through a mouthful of water. I choked on the drink and nearly sprayed Ginny and Ron with water and had a huge coughing fit.

"Oh dear are you ok?" Mr Weasley asked me concerned as Mrs Weasley glared at Fred.

"I'm good." I managed to choke out. "Sorry Ginny." I apologised as she pulled a face at her slightly damp top.

"It's ok Brooke. I accept your apology." Ron said sarcastically picking at his top.

"Sorry Ron." I said chuckling. "I swear to god i will kill you Fred." I whispered angrily to the laughing idiot on my side.

"Love you Brooke." He whispered and grinned at me as he ate a mouthful of veg.

"Whatever. Don't talk with your mouthful." I muttered feeling my face heat up and butterflies in my stomach as I usually did whenever he said those three words. Sometimes i feel lucky to have him as a boyfriend, other times i just want to punch him in the face.

We ate the food without any more interruptions before I headed outside with everyone. It was a really nice day, the sun was out, the birds were singing, the whole nine yards. So the twins decided to have a small quidditch game, Ron and Ginny against Fred and George. I didn't find that very fair, Ginny was really good, but Ron on the other hand...

"Ow Fred! Not so hard!" Ron groaned as the makeshift quaffle hit him in the face.

"When i said save the ball, I didn't mean with your face!" Barked an extremely competitive Ginny. I was sat on the sides laughing my head off at his red face.

"Shut up Brooke!" Ron snapped.

"Leave Brooke alone." Fred shouted at him.

"Make me!" Ron shouted, then realised it was a bad idea to wind Fred up as he flew towards him faster than he could react and the two bodies collided with a nasty crash of the broomsticks. They fell off the brooms and i grabbed one and flew up to Ginny and George who were a couple of feet above me watching the squabble on the floor.