Day 31-35

- Day 31

While Rou and Kichi are having a spar, I was finally able to go hunting. Though I was by myself, I was able to find a few new things since we're in a different part of the forest. A three horned unicorn gave me the most trouble but I was able to take it out with a few slashes from Crescent Dawn. It actually managed to withstand a few blows from my blade which was surprising but its soul was worth the effort. I received {Triple Strike}, {Scaled Horse's Neigh} and {Scaled Armour Creation}.

After using {Triple Strike} for a while I was able to find out that not only does a single strike land three simultaneous blows, but I can choose the strikes' orientation. {Scaled Horse's Neigh} is pretty much the same, if not a little more effective, as {Intimidating Roar}. Finally, {Scaled Armour Creation} was similar to my {Grow Armoured Shell} ability except for the fact that these looked more like scales than a shell and the colouring is a deep red.

After hunting a few more scaled horses, I received the skills {Quick Heal}, {Walking Enhanced} and {Charged Power Strike}.

Satisfied with my hunt, I return home and enter the girls workshop to see how Emery is doing and whether Alchemist lady was busy. Emery was fine and happily working away at the forge while Alchemist lady seemed to be hard at work on something. When I asked what they were, she pointed towards a corner where a bunch of multicoloured liquid in vials was stashed while saying "failures".

I reassured her that regardless of what she's trying to do, that since it's her, she would be able to get it done. She showed me a rare smile and asked if their was anything I needed. I shook my head and told her I was just visiting, though I did ask if I could take the potions in the corner. She said it was fine but suggested that I don't drink them as they wouldn't settle well with my stomach. I nodded appreciatively before picking up the vials and taking them to my room before eating their essence, learning a few new skills. {Moderate Healing}, {Laxative Creation}, {Muscle Relaxant Creation}, {Herbal Tea Creation}. What was that last one? Also, Laxative? That could be fun.

Later that night, {Echolocation} and {Sense Presence} started going off like crazy near the human girls living quarters. 9 of them. I made my way into the girls room using {Presence Concealment} and waited for them to make a move with my sword drawn. The moment they made a move, on Emery no less, I struck, slicing through the goblins outstretched arm and cleanly cutting off half of his head, leaving the body to drop back towards the other intruders. That's when I noticed that another goblin nearby had been slain by none other than Rou. It looks like I'm not the only with with {Sense Presence}. The girls screamed while the two of us proceeded to beat the intruders and wrap them with silk.

When we finally had the time to look at their faces, the leader of the group turned out to be the former Hobgoblin leader, while the rest of the group consisted of his former lackeys. When it was settled, Red head began crying in Rou's arms while I made sure the other girls were okay. Though the two sisters were apprehensive of me, Alchemist lady managed to calm down and Emery hugged me. Ahh, I feel like murdering someone.

When the others arrived at the scene, they witnessed Rou's angered eyes while I attempted to keep calm for the girls sake. Rou told the others to gather everyone and wait outside, he had something to show them.

While everyone watched, Rou proceeded to torture, cauterise, heal, torture and finally kill all the lackeys. The former leader, who was now pleading for his life whimpered as Rou grew close. Before he could do anything else, I placed my hand on Rou's shoulder. He questioned my reasons so I told him that I wanted to be the one to do it.

He was surprised, but when he saw the look of pure hatred in my eyes, he backed off and let me take the reigns. I cracked my knuckles as I stood before him. Why I was so mad at this one in particular? Aside from being the one that instigated the whole thing, he actually told his lackeys to assault Emery first. This, I would not let slide.