Midnight Getaway

James and Alex were sitting there in the middle of the black lake at midnight with a gas lamp in between them. Sirius grabbed cookies and cupcakes as well as two hot chocolates when Remus was busy putting the final touches on the magical raft when they heard Alex laughing well running behind him. They disappeared under the cloak.

James held her hand in silence as he thought about Lily's apology to her sister today in the great hall which Alex ran away from 7m fear,

"Why do you hate your sister?"

"I don't hate her" Alex said staring at the stars and finished her thought with a soft and reflecting tone "She was always the favorite and that wasnt really her fault it was our parents it just annoyed me." James made a sound in his throat squeezing her hand "What made me dislike her was when she never responded to me once she left to go to here"

"Do you know why?" James said plainly curious of a question Alex asked herself everyday since Lily left to go to Hogwarts

"No but she is a good person she just never faced any problems in her life she doesn't understand that she cant have something" Alex said rubbing her thumb against his hand drinking the hot chocolate so far they talked about classes and family members avoiding the tough topic of Lily until now. 

"You love her though" James said and Alex let out of a hough of air pulling her hair up missing some strands of dark red she flicked her wrist finishing the tie. 

"She is still my sister who threw sand in my hair and sang musicals with me nothing will change that. Lily is too good to do anything that would make me hate her." Alex said pulling the green cardigan closing around her body as James seemed barely affected by the cold.

"She's just lost?"

"A lot of people are" Alex said sitting up as James stared up at the sky in the loose long sleeve white t-shirt and Alex just stared at her boyfriend who was dazing.

"Do you think you'll ever become friends again?" James said snapping his eyes to her green ones that looked at him in wonder.

"I hope that me and Lily are real friends again before we die"

He hummed in response and she moved the lamp to lay next to him. Looking at the moon that would soon be full and the cold winds whipped through both nibbled on cookies in silence. The first date was at the hogshead where they pigged out on nachos and then bought some candy at Honeydukes. They have gone on a lot of dates but they spent a lot of time together every day. James stared at the moon and thought of Remus who would be in a lot of pain soon if Alex knew there would be not doubt that she would be there making sure everybody would be okay. The boys and him have talked about telling her but Remus decided he wasnt ready which James accepted. After another long moment he finally spoke.

"Do you ever think about it?" He said eyes on the sky and hers were on his curious as to what he was thinking about behind those glasses when he felt her shiver he pulled her closer to where he was radiating heat.

"About what?"

"The future what you will do between now and sitting on the front porch old and wrinkly" James said with a light joking tone but relatively serious and Alex thought about it for awhile before answering what she wanted to do in life.

"Teach children I would be totally okay with teaching muggle children." James made a accepting sound in the back of his throat and Alex snuggled closer "You?"

"I'll be a auror saving people and catching bad guys I want to make the world a better place." James said with his eyes closed and a smile on his face as he pictured the future they would have together and Alex knew what he was thinking about and she wanted to know his version of it. "Me and you live in a nice neighborhood me keeping the world safe and you are going to educate the young brains wizard or muggle." He said eyes closed with a purely happy expression on his face. "Remus, Peter, and Sirius will come to our house all the time so Harry gets to know them"

"Harry?"

"That's the name of our son" James said and Alex closed her eyes picturing a easy future with James. "Remus the godfather"

"I want Sirius he is more relaxed and I know he would let Harry be a kid"

"How about Sirius gets Harry and then Remus gets the girl and then Peter will get the third" James said smiling the same dopey smile on her face as they imagined what life would be like out of Hogwarts.

"Whats the little girls name?"

"You choose" James said lazily opening his eyes and looking at Alex who had her eyes closed and faced towards the sky with a thoughtful expression on her face until it broke away to a relaxed smile.

"Minerva Bella Potter" Alex said and with a large smile James brought her hand to his mouth kissing it not bothering to close his eyes again as he didn't need imagantaion to picture their future. 

"You are holding Minnie drinking lemonade and Harry is flying around on his broom stick with me and the boys we are absolutely happy"

"I like happy"

"Me too"