From one woman to another my words needed no elaboration, she knew what I meant as her eyes widened again and she covered her mouth and nose with her hands "what...?" She finally whispered, her eyes flickering down to my belly.

"I can't be pr... I can't, Eric doesn't-" my head fell into my hands as I felt the panic set in again "bloody hell, what have I done?"

"You? I'd say Eric is partially responsible"

I wanted to laugh but I couldn't, tears flooded down my cheeks as Lee pulled me into her, her arms wrapped around me and held me close as I cried into her shoulder "he's going to kill me if it's true..."

"Hey" she pushed me forward so that she could look into my eyes "you don't know that you're definitely pregnant yet, you might just be late. Besides, if he does try to kill you I'll break every bone in his ungrateful body"

"Ungrateful? What's there to be grateful for? We're too young to be parents, and even if I was twenty five, or thirty two, Eric doesn't want kids, he doesn't want to get married he doesn't even want to say that he loves me. Eric can't be a father"

Lee pushed my hair out of my eyes and held my face "he should be grateful because you'd be giving him the greatest gift imaginable, a child, a little baby that you'd raise together-"

"But I don't want that!"

She blinked at me for a second "maybe you'll feel differently if the test is positive"

"No, Lee, I won't. I'm seventeen years old. I don't want to have a baby, I wouldn't know what to do with one" I thought about the fear that Z had during initiation, that she'd get pregnant and raise her baby so badly that it would die, what if I did that? What if Eric and I were such bad parents that we killed it? Or worse, what if Eric left me to raise it alone and then I killed it? Which was worse? I wondered "why do you want me to want this?" My fearless Dauntless leader looked terrified to answer that question, and I knew "you've been trying, haven't you?"

She didn't answer quickly, she stared at her hands for a moment before staring at me "Drake and I... it's not possible, we try and we try but we've never been able to- look, I just don't want you to see this as the end of your life, a baby can be the beginning, it could be the making of you and Eric, but you just have to know that everything is going to be fine, baby or no baby"

I started to think about my options, there wasn't much I'd be able to do if I were pregnant, but I had heard rumours... "could I get rid of it?"

My Candor inner self had gotten the better of me again, I hadn't thought before speaking, I didn't realise how much that would hurt for a woman who's been failing to get pregnant "get r- you can't"

"I'm sorry, I know you've been trying and it must seem so selfish and heartless but... I really don't want this, I'd love a baby one day, just not now. But, I heard some rumours back when I was in Candor, Erudite can perform a surgery-"

"Prue! You can't seriously be considering-" she had raised her voice too loud and the door swung open, Eric stood in the doorway staring between Lee and I.

"What's going on?"

Leanne looked like she was going to tell him, I could see that she desperately wanted him to talk me out of it, but she realised that Eric would probably side with me and her lips clasped together "nothing" I smiled gently, trying to be as convincing as possible.

Without a word Lee stood up and went back out into the living room, Eric lingered to make sure that I was okay and then left when I insisted I was fine. But I was heartbroken, one of my best friends couldn't be there for me, she couldn't support me or advise me, and I understood why, but I wished things were different, I wished Leanne could have been there for me.

 But I was heartbroken, one of my best friends couldn't be there for me, she couldn't support me or advise me, and I understood why, but I wished things were different, I wished Leanne could have been there for me

To my little makers of mischief,

OH MY LORD, we did it. This story is #1 in Divergent!!!! Thank you everyone for reading I love every single one of you so much!!!! In honour of this the first 10 voters/commenters will get shoutouts in the next chapter! See you there!

Sincerely, your faithful servant,