A New Ending For The Five Kingdoms

THIS WILL HAVE SPOILERS FOR THE END OF TIME JUMPERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Cole hesitantly looked at the Pilgrim Path, all the other kids except himself, Dalton, and Hunter had gone. "I don't know if I can go, it feels like i'm trading one family for another." Cole said, starting strong before ending quietly.

Dalton looked shocked and hurt by his words, while Hunter merely nodded to Cole's words. "How could you say that, Cole, our parents are at home, we could be normal again!" Dalton said, with anger rising in his tone.

Hunter stayed quiet.

Cole responded quickly, "There's no guarantee that our parents would even remember us." Dalton and Hunter's eyes widened at this. "Our parents so far don't remember us, if they would remember us it would most likely be when we return, since then our connection to the Outskirts would no longer exist." Cole explained further, before continuing. "What if they remembered the absence of our lost, would you want them to have nightmares about that possibly happening again?"

The princesses and the Queen looked on in interest.

"We've seen what happened to Kendo," Cole pressed, "we will forget what happened, possibly think it was a game we played. I wouldn't want to leave everything behind again." A slight quaver was heard in Cole's voice.

Everyone in attendance had their eyes wide open.

"If you want to leave you can, but I...but I, wish to...stay" The words were barely coming out of Cole's mouth at this point

"How could you say this? We had promised to find a way out and to go back to Earth!" Dalton yelled in anger at Cole. "I can't believe how much you've changed Cole." Dalton seethed in anger.

"Dalt-" Mira started to say. "YOU, SHUT UP PRINCESS, you turned Cole against his own people! We used to dream about when we could return to Earth, our families." Dalton hissed in anger at the princess.

Jace quickly stormed over to Dalton.

"Who do you think you're talking to, she's one of the reasons you even had a chance of coming back to your home planet!" Jace yelled in fury at Dalton. "Who just saved every single person in the Outskirts, COLE!" Dalton replied in kind.

Everyone stayed silent at what Dalton said.

"I'm going back, Cole and Hunter, join me." Dalton begged. "I want to, but... I just can't. I've got a new family here" Cole said quietly, sadness entering his voice as the words left his mouth.

Eye's blazing in anger, Dalton walked right up to Cole and slapped him.

Everyone stared in shock.

Cole raised a hand to his cheek with wide eyes.

Dalton stormed into the Pilgrim Path.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Cole, i'll stick with you, i'd be damned if I let you be here all alone." Hunter said, trying to ease Cole's shock at what had just happened.

Cole was still numb, trying to process what had just happened.

"L-lets go back the castle," Violet said, before grabbing Cole's hand to let him feed her some power.

Cole quickly boosted her power, allowing her to make a wayport for them all to travel through.

"Cole, is there anything we could do to help you?" Queen Harmony questioned the distressed young man.

Cole shook his head, "I'm fine."

"Perhaps this could be of use to both of us," Queen Harmony began, "could you go and remove all the shapecrafters presence in the Outskirts?"

"Of course," Cole said, "i'll start right now if you don't mind."

Queen Harmony nodded at Cole and Violet, "You may go."

Cole and Violet disappeared through a wayport.

Everyone else in the room looked at each other, they needed to find a way to help Cole

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

A certain Torivor in the Lost palace smirked, he wouldn't make the same mistake as his brethren. He had a plan, and it wouldn't fail.