Chapter 7: Arcade

Y/N's POV:

After explaining Taehyung what had happened he hugged me tightly, placing one hand on my back while he used his other one to bury my face in the crook of his neck. The hand that was on my back slowly moved up and down. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there..." He whispered softly into my ear. He didn't let me go for a good 5 minutes, apologizing every 20 seconds. Once he let me go his eyes shifted to the shopping bag that was in my hand. "So, you bought a huge fella huh? What are you going to call him?" He asked me with his box smile.

"Gom Jr, " I replied as a smile slowly crawled on my face while turning my head to Jimin. "That's the name Jimin gave him when we were in the shop." I said as the said man gave me a cute smile in response. "So you will keep that name?" He said, rubbing the back of his neck shyly whereas you gave a simple nod in response.

Once you turned your head back to Taehyung, the sweet box smile that was on his face had been replaced by an emotionless expression which was directed to Jimin. He was muttering words to himself which you weren't able to put into words as it was to jibberish for you. 

Taehyung's POV: 

He is planning something. That was all I could think about as I looked at Jimin. I decided to keep an eye on him for the rest of the day. I was looking at how he was looking at Y/N with a smile plastered on his face. Tch... I was mumbling under my breath, saying my thoughts out loud without realizing Y/N had walked closer to me.

"TaeTae?~" She said, pinching my cheeks. Quickly shifting my gaze to the shorter female who stood in front of me, putting on a smile so that suspicion would decrease. "Is there something wrong?" She added. "Nothing is wrong~ Just thought of what we should do first." I said, patting her head.

"Do you have any suggestion?" I asked her, changing the topic smoothly knowing she would fall into the trap. "2 vs 2 Air Hockey!" She screamed out of her tiny body in excitement. "Of course!" I replied to her, holding her hand and dragging her to a free air hockey station as we got followed by Jungkook and Jimin.

On Y/N's suggestion, the teams were me and Y/N against Jimin and Jungkook first me and Jungkook were against each other. It was a funny match up as Jungkook kept joking around, causing Y/N to laugh her heart out. Seeing her being so happy made me smile but it faded away as soon as I saw a smile on Jimin's face.

After we finished our match as Jungkook won the match, it was the turn of Jimin and Y/N. "Jimin," Y/N said pointing towards him. "I will beat you!" She gave him a small smirk as their match started. After every time Y/N score a point she cheered as if she was the youngest of the gang while when she lost a point she would be pouting as if she just let her ice cream fall on the ground.

Instead of being happy for Y/N's victory, I was emotionless, looking at Jimin who was smiling so widely towards Y/N. I don't remember those two getting along... Did I miss something important in her life that she doesn't tell me about? While the others were already done playing it was time to go somewhere else.

"Hey, Jimin," I said, pulling his arm. "How about you and me grab some drinks while Y/N and Jungkookie decide on what to do next." I suggested as he turned his face to me with a small smile and nodded. While we separated our ways from the other two, getting far out of their reach I asked Jimin a question.

Jimin's POV:

"What did you do to my Y/N?" Taehyung asked me, looking at me expressionless. I tilted my head in confusion and turned towards him. "What did I do?" I asked as I didn't know what he was talking about. He chuckled in disbelief looking down at the ground before responding to my question.

"Since when did the two of you become so close?" He looked at me with a creepy smile on his face. "Normally you both would have gotten enough of each other after a few minutes but here you are, having stolen my place as her hero." He glared at me.

"Her hero?" I said confused. "How come I am her hero when I saved her only just once? And she didn't even accept my help at first." I pouted looking down. "She also didn't accept me buying her the bear but apparently she said it was a habit of her." I added, the ends of my mouth curled down looking at the man in front of me.

"What do you mean a habit? When I buy her something she gladly accepts it." He answered, tilting his head in confusion. "Could it be... that she lied to you?" He looked at me, the glare on his face fading away and replacing it with a softened expression.

"Why would she lie to me?" I asked him, sighing. "Has she never seen me as a friend then?" I continued asking questions. "She didn't want to accept a present from her rival did she?" I looked desperately at the man in front of me.

"Jimin, I am as surprised as you are." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Surprised? Or happy?" I responded pushing his arm away. "Ever since we came back you've been glaring at me! What have I done to deserve it?" 

Taehyung bit his lip and looked away. "Perhaps, do you love her? Are you jealous of me?" I asked him, a serious expression on my face.

"No! No! No! I-It's not like that!" He blurted out immediately. "I'm just..." He looks around avoiding eye contact. "Y/N means a lot to me and I just had the feeling you're trying to do something to her so that she will agree to marry you."

"W-What?! How come you think I am doing all this to marry her?! I don't have a choice in who to marry! I just want her to like me as a friend!" I said angrily, looking at his flustered face. "I just wanted to become better friends with her but neither of you seems to want me to do that!" I walked away angry, leaving Taehyung behind.

 "Jimin! Jimin wait!" I heard Taehyung scream to me. I ignored him and walked towards the exit, I needed some time for myself. "Jimin!" I heard a female voice scream, hearing footsteps on a fast pace running behind me.

"Jimin, where are you going?" I heard someone saying, twirling me around b grabbing my arm. Y/N standing in front of me, looking into my eyes worriedly. "Where are you going Jimin?" She asked me again. "I'm leaving." I replied coldly.

"No, don't go." She said, tucking my sleeve. "Why should I stay? I don't think you liked the idea of hanging around with me." I responded, her eyes growing wide while looking at mine that were looking coldly at the girl in front of me.

"Who said that? Jimin we're friends, of course, I want to hang out with you." She said. "Do you believe it yourself? I think I know you better than you know yourself." I answered, my eyes didn't change from their cold look.

"Before you leave... Can I hug you one more time?" She said shyly, looking away as a slight blush could be seen on her face. Her sudden request made me blush slightly as well. "Uhm... Sure?" I said, opening my arms slowly as the girl in front of me snaked her arms around my waist as I slowly caged her between my own pair of arms.

"Jimin, stay here with me." She whispered in my chest. "Why do you want me to stay?" I asked her, sighing deeply. "As a 'Thank you' for buying me Gom Jr. Stay in the arcade to play with me." She whispered into my chest again. "Alright, I'll stay just for you." I answered.

Taehyung's POV:

I was looking at them from a distance, frozen in my place. I was looking at Jimin and Y/N who were hugging each other. Looking at the guy who I suspected of trying something with the girl who is like a sister to me. Jungkook stood beside me, looking at me while chuckling.

"Hyung, you should try becoming friends with Jiminie Hyung. He is a really good guy." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder. Maybe Jungkook is right... Maybe he means no harm to my Y/N. I should follow the advice of my dongsaeng and give Jimin a chance. 

As Y/N and Jimin walked towards us, Jimin suggested playing a basketball game. And so our afternoon in the arcade continued.