Chapter Eight

8. Possessive Much?

2 Months Later

"What the fuck is so important that you had to wake me up at 4 in the morning?" I yawn, plopping into one of the chairs in Theo's office. Let me tell you, it's not soft. I prop my legs onto the wooden table, my bare legs now visible to all the men sitting at the table. In the corner of my eye, I can see Theo clench his fists.

"Alexandra?"

"Hmm?"

"Get. Your. Legs. Off. The. Table. Now!" He growls as Skylar walks in and sinks into the chair next to me, thinking it's soft. She groans and I chuckle, taking my legs off the table.

"What's up with him?" Skylar whispers in my ear. I shrug.

Theo clears his throat and everyone looks at him. Cameron, Alexander, Sam, Skylar and I have been woken up at 4 in the morning by the devil himself because apparently he has some 'news'.

"Liam knows." Gasps are heard around the table and I sit up, my flimsy silk shirt lowering a bit. I pull it back up and look at Theo.

"Who's Liam?" I ask.

"You haven't told her yet?" Skylar says, clearly not happy.

He ignores her. As per usual. "Liam Cartwright. One of our greatest rivals. He is enrolled at a university in London. Known as the "bad boy". He is your target." Wait. Hold up.

"My target? Why me? What if I can't handle it?" I inquire.

"You're the worlds greatest assassin. There's nothing you can't handle." A compliment? And a very true one at that.

"So, that means..." I trail off.

"We're going to university." Theo says. "In London." Oh, shit.

***

"Come on, Lexi. It won't be all bad. I hear there are a lot of fun clubs in London." Skylar grins, trying to lighten the mood.

"Won't be all bad? Sky, we're going to school. It's not the killing part that I'm worried about. It's the school part."

"You're overreacting."