Twenty Four: After Dinner

Start from the beginning

He chuckled and put his hands on my arms. "I love you, I swear," he said. I giggled and took my arms off of him as I started hearing my phone go off. I pulled my phone out of my jeans pocket and checked to see who was calling me. "Shayne?"

"No, Mia," I said. I answered the call and put my phone up to my ear. "Hey."

"Hey sis. Just wanted to thank you again an-" she stopped talking and I could hear her talking to someone in the background. "Uh, mom wants to talk to you."

"Okay," I laughed. Anthony and I walked outside and I grabbed his arm so we didn't go to the car just yet. He stopped and I let go of his arm but reached my hand out to him for him to take. He chuckled and took my hand instantly. We interlocked our fingers and I smiled at him while waiting for my mom to answer the phone.

"Hi sweetie!" mom said in the phone.

"Hey mom," I said to her. Anthony kept pulling my hand and I held back from giggling at him.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to see you earlier. I definitely would've thanked you in person if I hadn't run to get a couple of things for your sister and I," mom admitted.

"Mom, it's okay," I said to her. Anthony kept his hand intertwined with mine but walked up to me and kissed my head. "I'll see you when you get back and I'll have Yoshi with me."

"Thank you again, sweetheart," she said to me. "Alright, I'll let you go. Your sister said something about you going to dinner with Anthony." I cringed when she said that since Anthony was a bit close to me, but he backed away and still didn't let go of my hand. "Don't worry. I'm not mad at you for staying with him, but I am proud of you stepping up though. At least I think you did."

"I did," I said to her. "I love you and I'll see you soon."

"I love you too, Ronnie," she said to me. "I'll hand you back to your sister." I put my phone on my shoulder and said,

"Anthony, what the fuck are you doing?"

"I have no idea," he said with a laugh. I smirked and shook my head at him as I put my phone back on my ear.

"Now that mom walked away, I'm gonna say this kind of quick since you're with Anthony," Mia said. "I've kept what you told me a secret so no worries there. I know that if I told mom, she would kick your ass in a heartbeat." I chuckled and nodded to myself. "But I'll talk to you soon. Love you, Ron."

"Love you too. Bye," I said as I hung the phone up and put it back in my pocket. Anthony yanked me towards him and I laughed as my hand laid on his chest. "God, are you happy you got the attention now?"

"Maybe a little," he said. I smiled up at him and he leaned in while placing his lips on mine. But as we were kissing, I realized something that I had realized not too long ago, but didn't think it would happen again after working this out. That spark that was missing from us, it was still missing and I hated that.

Maybe it was really over between us.

We pulled away and he turned away from me, but he lead me back to the car. "What did they call for?" Anthony asked me.

"Just to thank me for dog sitting Yoshi this weekend," I replied. "You don't mind, right? I just know after Pip, it was rough for you." Pip was Anthony's cat that he let his friend keep because when Anthony and I were out of town a year ago, we needed someone to watch Pip for us. When we came back, Pip was just a lot happier with his friend and as hard as it was for Anthony, he just let his friend keep Pip. It was hard for Anthony and I both since when I started being at his house a lot more, Pip was a big part of my life too.

"No, I don't mind," he said. "I know how much you miss Yoshi and I want you to spend as much time with him as you can." I smiled and nodded my head. I let go of Anthony's hand and got into the passenger side of the car while Anthony walked around to get to the drivers side. "Plus, it be nice to have a pet in the house again. Yoshi was really excited to see you today."