Two

Amir: a child villager

You sit quietly as you watch the other children running around. An orphan boy; parents taken by the invading creatures. With nothing that you can bring, you sit and wait for everyone to be finished. You look up as the castle doors open, and there stands the princess Iliza watching over the people as they gathered their things. Her magical liquid armor shimmering in the sunlight, and shifting as you watch.

You look down at yourself, a princess wouldn't look at you would she? Would she help you if you went and asked? This is a question that can only be answered by doing so. Standing you walk to the steps of the castle, kneeling on one knee and bowing your head. Your shaggy blond hair falls over your eyes; you are suddenly aware of your smell, the dirt under your finger nails, you silently scold yourself for forgetting to clean yourself this morning.

"M-my lady," you stammer; her lavender eyes move down to you. A slight smile touches her lips, as you continue. "T-the monsters took my mommy and daddy. My home is gone. Please, please could I travel with you? I'm all alone." Your eyes fill with tears, fear of what might happen next without her help causing you to tremble. You feel a soft hand on your head.

"Quiet child. My hand maiden Sylvia will take you up to take a bath, I'm sure Asmera won't mind you riding with me," she says to you in a soothing tone her hand slowly moving away. Your tears begin to flow freely from your eyes; simple tears become wracking sobs. You feel soft arms wrap around your body, cradling you to a woman's chest. You bury your face into her chest as you remember your own mother.

"Shhhh child, everything will be okay. I will take care of you. I swear it," her soothing voice broke through the sorrow. You look up at her with red puffy eyes; her smile was the colour of cherries, contrasting with her pale skin, and her lavender eyes. You press your face back into her chest; somewhere in the back of your mind, you think. Wasn't she wearing armor? You press your face into smooth cloth. Her soft footsteps move from standing on the rough steps outside, to the marble floors as she carries you up to the bath herself.

She sets you down on a wooden chair, in a bathroom made only of white stone. She dipped a cloth in water and began dabbing at your slightly chubby face, in contrast with her own sharp features you still had baby fat. She softly dabbed around your crystal blue eyes, and spoke quietly. "Tell me your name boy." Her lavender eyes locked on his.

"Amir my lady," you say softly. She nodded to you standing, setting down the cloth, she started the water for the bath.

"Amir, take a bath. I have to go watch over the other people in town. Sylvia will wait just outside the door with clothes for you." She walked out. You watch her go, and when you are sure you are alone you take your bath.