Alek rolled his eyes. "Of course I am. There's no way you could possibly do this on your own."

"And because if I somehow mess this up, then we're both screwed. Grandma Aggie will make sure of it, she won't let you go unscathed." 

"There's that too."

Rory turned back around and began her search once again. She smiled before pulling out one of her favorites. "What about the blue?"

"You've done that already," Alek replied, waving his hand dismissively. "Find something that will make you stand out of the crowd."

"Plain or patterned?"

"Plain. It'll make the diamonds stand out." Alek leaned back against the bed, bending one of his arms behind his head. He then resumed the mindless task of throwing the ball up in the air and catching it with his free hand. "So, Klaus doesn't know about our situation and no one else knows about your Klaus situation. I think we actually do this. All we have to do is make sure that neither side becomes aware of the other, at least until we get back home and we'll be so far away that no one can do anything about it."

Rory chuckled, though somewhat nervously. "See? We have it all under control."

"By the way, if I wasn't so concerned about how this could all potentially backfire, I would be impressed with how you managed to seduce an Original." Alek paused, catching the ball as he thought about the situation that Rory had somehow gotten herself in. "No, I am impressed. You managed to nab an Original while doing a decent job at keeping it under wraps. Well done."

"I did not seduce him!" Rory exclaimed, nearly stumbling inside the closet. "And I have no plans to do so either."

"Is that why you're eyeing that red dress?"

The witch looked down at the truly eye-catching dress. She looked from the dress and back towards Alek. "Because I look good in it."

"Too good." The fairy then chuckled, "I see how you plan on enjoying your night."

"Shut up!"

"Just take my advice, dear cousin," Alek said, his tone suddenly more serious. "It's best that you put some distance in between you and Klaus now, so it makes the inevitable split a little easier."

・゚: *・゚:*・゚: *

Étoiles Filantes was less packed than it was the last time Rory had been here. The ambience had shifted from a loud, bustling environment to something a bit more intimate. She had been late since Alek took his time choosing the right jewels for her to wear for this occasion.

Klaus was already sitting down at the same table they were last time. Smelling her blood, the vampire looked up and was stunned at the beauty coming his way. The red dress she wore was plain, though its bright color had her standing out from the crowd. It had a large bow on the side of her waist and came to an end slightly above her knees. The dress' turn-down collar and its deep-V neckline highlighted the Edwardian style diamond and pearl necklace. The necklace featured a delicate and detailed openwork design with glittering diamonds surrounding a beautiful  half-pearl, and an additional pear-shaped pearl drop. And with its matching earrings,  Rory easily caught the attention of all those she came across.

"Sorry, I'm late," Rory announced, breaking the vampire out of the small trance he had entered. "I had some trouble getting out of the house."

"That's alright," Klaus replied with a smile before quickly noticing that there was something off. "Why do you look so down, love?"

"Not down, just a bit tired," Rory clarified, leaning back in her seat. "Problems with work."

"I thought you fancied yourself an artist."