Chapter 4

Dan is confident in Word War. Maybe he’s weak physically but he is blessed with a colourful mouth. However because of his muscles being naturally useless he ended up being cornered on that bathroom stall the other day, he didn’t know that one of his classmates is following him, he took the place where there are hardly many students lingering and that made his classmate chance of attacking him high.

He’s an open gay, he doesn’t hide his sexuality. When the news spread that there’s a gay college boy on their classroom, some didn’t really care. They’re professionals in the making, so why would anyone bother to bully and taunt him about it. Nevertheless there’s always one stupid kid who’ll take the information he knew as an invitation.

Phil is one of them.

Phil’s immature and Dan is getting infected by his virus. How can he study normally and peacefully when some students are observing him like a test subject? He admits that’s it is also his fault for accepting Phil’s invitation to start a fight. He is just pissed off about the arrogant bastard, that’s all. 

Dan stands up, a number of students that are inside the library with him freezes and instantly focuses again on whatever they’re doing. He doesn’t like the whole campus attention. 

Thor should go down and throw his heavy Mjolnir at Phil. 

*

"If all terms in a differential equation are linear in dependent variable..." Phil's professor in Differential Equation started her lecture. Book placed in her desk and she is pacing back and forth on the podium, her eyes darting from students to students.

Phil uses his bright orange highlighter to highlight every important word his teacher is saying, he keeps nodding at her as if confirming that he understands when she would look at his direction. Studying is like breathing for him, it is easy. Also he loves his course, he wants to enter the automotive industry, where he can design and manufacture motor vehicles. But his personality is a different story, he wants attention, he likes having everyone else’s attention and he doesn’t care for other person’s feelings when he states something. Like the way he childishly spread a false rumor about Dan.

He didn’t know any other facts about Dan aside from his surname, his sexuality and his course but that didn’t stop him from spreading a horribly bad rumor towards the other man and obviously he can broadcast his false accusation easily because of his wide range of friends.

Payback is a bitch and Phil will do anything to get back into Dan’s horrible attitude towards him.

He doesn’t like Dan or gays generally, he doesn’t have any idea why would you be attracted towards the same sex. You’ve got what he got, having one is enough. Besides when he imagines how they do ‘it’, he’ll cringe and he wants to throw up. It is freaky and disgusting. On his twenty years of living on Earth, Dan is the first gay man he saw in real life and the excitement to taunt and ridicule him is pumping in his veins. 

*

"I thought getting kicked out of my course is the most annoying thing that happened to me." Dan whispered whilst lying on the couch, his legs dangling at the ends and his hands are covering his face. 

"Yeah, I forgot you're in Accounting Technology now."

Dan is currently passing his three hour break on his friend’s house, Janine (a thirty minute ride away from his university). After the first semester of their first year, Janine had to stop going to school to help her parent's manage their 'family business', which is keeping an eye on their record shop when they are busy. Janine is his best friend when he was in high school and it continued until this moment.

"Don't," Dan sighs, "I know it is literally my fault, but dude!" He sat up and faced Janine, "She's not teaching like a proper professor! She keeps going into our class half an hour or sometimes an hour late."

"Chill, Dan. I understand retention policy sucks." Janine tossed a bag of chips on Dan's way, "By the way, what are you doing crashing here?"

"I have three hours break. I don't have anyone to spend my time with on that hell." Dan opens the bag of chips, "Also, you're now living alone."

"Well, not really. We're literally here on the top of the shop, after my break I'll go down and start working again." Dan nods his head while crunching some chips, "So there's something more annoying than getting kicked out of your course?" 

Dan gulps and breathes in, "Yes, yes." He placed the bag of chips on his side and leans back on the couch. "See, there's this guy, you know Phil Lester?" Janine shakes his head, "He just fucking told some of his friends, which is the whole school that I let myself be fucked by some by passers or strangers."

Janine laughs, "Oh my god. Dan, is it true?"

Dan laughs sarcastically along with Janine, "Jesus Christ, it is my fault for pissing him off. I forgot to remind myself that I should handle my mouth when I am angry. I mean, he's the one who started the whole thing." He raised both of his hands in the air, drawing a big circle and then dropped it lazily on his sides.

"You're the human embodiment of anger when you are pissed off."

Dan starts to tell Janine the whole story; it consists of Dan punching the couch out of anger and Janine laughing at his misfortune.

"Some person doesn't really know how to make a proper conversation to someone who is different from them."

Dan nods and checks his watch, forty five more minutes before his last subject. "I'm going back," he stands up and grabs his bag, "Politics and Governance needs me." He winks at Janine.

Janine on the other hand punched his arm, "Show Phil what you've got." Then she laughs, "What is he? Primary school student? Or maybe he likes you." 

"Wow, Janine. That's creepy, stop it."